Let’s keep Ely southern bypass issue in the public eye - there is a problem with traffic passing through city
- Credit: Archant
I would like to respond to Mr Lindsell’s letter (July 17). Firstly, what is meant by “village pump mentality”, is this some kind of insult?
Secondly, he manages to blow his own argument out of the water when he says that the hold-ups at the underpass are seldom more than 12 minutes “except when vans get stuck under the underpass or when lorries arrive when the gates are closed”. Surely this confirms that there is a significant problem which needs addressing.
Lastly, Mr Lindsell refers to “easy low-cost solutions”, if you are going to make reference to them shouldn’t they have been listed?
There is a problem with traffic passing through Ely, there is a solution in a bypass so lets keep the issue in the public eye.
Cyprian Rust Way
- 1 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 2 Girl, 7, left heartbroken after beloved rabbits are stolen
- 3 Table made from 5,000-year-old oak tree to be unveiled at Ely Cathedral in honour of The Queen
- 4 Food delivery robots taking to streets of Cambridgeshire
- 5 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 6 Recap: Severe disruption on Great Northern and Thameslink trains to London
- 7 Princess Anne waves from Range Rover after landing in Wisbech
- 8 Princess Anne visits Wisbech's new Citizens Advice Bureau on Cambs trip
- 9 Hand clinic offering additional type of treatment for arthritis sufferers
- 10 Shoplifter who stole from store 10 times in five weeks handed CBO