Let’s keep Ely southern bypass issue in the public eye - there is a problem with traffic passing through city
- Credit: Archant
I would like to respond to Mr Lindsell’s letter (July 17). Firstly, what is meant by “village pump mentality”, is this some kind of insult?
Secondly, he manages to blow his own argument out of the water when he says that the hold-ups at the underpass are seldom more than 12 minutes “except when vans get stuck under the underpass or when lorries arrive when the gates are closed”. Surely this confirms that there is a significant problem which needs addressing.
Lastly, Mr Lindsell refers to “easy low-cost solutions”, if you are going to make reference to them shouldn’t they have been listed?
There is a problem with traffic passing through Ely, there is a solution in a bypass so lets keep the issue in the public eye.
You may also want to watch:
Cyprian Rust Way
- 1 Outcry over new road which will pass through woodland
- 2 'Dedicated' PCSO retires after 12 years amid force funding cuts
- 3 You can now watch Ely Cathedral’s rare Peregrine Falcons live 24/7
- 4 Tyler Goodjohn ready to enter lion's den in world title bid
- 5 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 6 Letters: How could we afford 120 police officers for boat race?
- 7 Motorcycle firm gearing up to show off lockdown project
- 8 Government plans at-home tablet to 'stop the virus in its tracks'
- 9 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
- 10 Offensive graffiti: ‘Hate crimes have no place in Cambridgeshire’