Let’s keep Ely southern bypass issue in the public eye - there is a problem with traffic passing through city
- Credit: Archant
I would like to respond to Mr Lindsell’s letter (July 17). Firstly, what is meant by “village pump mentality”, is this some kind of insult?
Secondly, he manages to blow his own argument out of the water when he says that the hold-ups at the underpass are seldom more than 12 minutes “except when vans get stuck under the underpass or when lorries arrive when the gates are closed”. Surely this confirms that there is a significant problem which needs addressing.
Lastly, Mr Lindsell refers to “easy low-cost solutions”, if you are going to make reference to them shouldn’t they have been listed?
There is a problem with traffic passing through Ely, there is a solution in a bypass so lets keep the issue in the public eye.
You may also want to watch:
Cyprian Rust Way
- 1 Eight page enforcement notice wrapped round giant cuppa
- 2 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 3 Caught on camera: milk thieves strike in the city
- 4 Have a BREW-TIFUL day says the pub with a giant tea cup outside
- 5 Ely Museum team member retires after 16 years' service
- 6 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 7 Kevin’s powerful testimony challenges us to #DoTheRightThing
- 8 Equipment worth £6,000 stolen from farm during overnight break-in
- 9 'Every number is a lost life' - Worst Covid affected care homes in Cambs
- 10 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested