Let’s keep Ely southern bypass issue in the public eye - there is a problem with traffic passing through city
- Credit: Archant
I would like to respond to Mr Lindsell’s letter (July 17). Firstly, what is meant by “village pump mentality”, is this some kind of insult?
Secondly, he manages to blow his own argument out of the water when he says that the hold-ups at the underpass are seldom more than 12 minutes “except when vans get stuck under the underpass or when lorries arrive when the gates are closed”. Surely this confirms that there is a significant problem which needs addressing.
Lastly, Mr Lindsell refers to “easy low-cost solutions”, if you are going to make reference to them shouldn’t they have been listed?
There is a problem with traffic passing through Ely, there is a solution in a bypass so lets keep the issue in the public eye.
You may also want to watch:
Cyprian Rust Way
- 1 Tributes paid to school matron who died from Covid-19
- 2 People power brings about changes to £800,000 roundabout scheme
- 3 Student defies challenges of pandemic to achieve first class degree
- 4 Retired GP's death 'avoidable' if cause of severe chest pain was 'more thoroughly investigated'
- 5 Alcohol shoplifter threatened security staff with large blade
- 6 The Chase contestant from Cambs labelled ‘most stunning’ in show’s history
- 7 Health scare inspired slimmer’s incredible 10 stone weight loss
- 8 London man jailed for running drugs line between Cambs and capital
- 9 Driver peers out of Range Rover while trying to cross flooded Welney Wash
- 10 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal