Let's Follow The Yellow Brick Road And Make Ely A Nice Place To live
I HAVE just moved to Ely to start a new life with my young family. We love it here. However, for it to be the complete place for a happy modern life, it needs a modern small drive-in co-op in a convenient location to get those essentials on the way home f
I HAVE just moved to Ely to start a new life with my young family. We love it here. However, for it to be the complete place for a happy modern life, it needs a modern small drive-in co-op in a convenient location to get those essentials on the way home from somewhere. A small Marks and Spencer to indulge in those essential luxuries from time to time and maybe even a new modern but small department store similar in size to Westgate in St Neots, but a bit more up-to-date, reflecting styles and character in a unique individual way as our High Street shops in Ely do. That would make Ely the perfect place to live for me.
Please don't kill it with Lidl and Focus and stores like that. I'm not posh, I'm not rich by any means, I just love quality and the small way I can have some of it.
The new sports and leisure centre will be the icing on the cake, if it happens. Please make it big enough to take into account the projected growth of Ely in the future.
And, as I am a complete idealist, if I could just put a cherry on that cake by doubling the size of the park by the motte and bailey. This could be done by purchasing the field currently vacated by the horses.
Come on, Ely people; let's love this city into a beautiful, magical place where everybody can follow their yellow brick road.
- 1 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 2 Cinderella makes a comeback thanks to Players' Christmas pantomime
- 3 Cambridgeshire's Enhanced Area Status extended amid Covid surge in schools
- 4 Woman wins right to build annexe to home
- 5 Robber attempts to steal scratch card and alcohol from convenience store
- 6 80 homes threaten access to ‘rural haven of rare beauty’
- 7 Dental practice plan move to business park
- 8 Bus ‘wars', Aids, Ely parking and a ’vote for fen man – for fen people’
- 9 Mother pays tribute to “much-loved” son who died near Fen Drayton
- 10 Huge spike in safety complaints due to 'bedroom sellers' during pandemic