Learn from California experience
I SAW your article about the new skate park and would like to say that while it may appear disturbing on the surface, I would like to tell you that it s very likely to calm down once the park is open and used daily. Our park in Costa Mesa, California, al
I SAW your article about the new skate park and would like to say that while it may appear disturbing on the surface, I would like to tell you that it's very likely to calm down once the park is open and used daily.
Our park in Costa Mesa, California, also had the fence climbed and the park ridden many times before it was open, but now it's been open for more than one year, the city is so happy with something being used so much, that a second skatepark is under planning right now.
The bottom line is that a very long overdue skatepark is like a fresh steak for a dog that's been starved for a month. It may not be right, but they want to taste that steak so badly they are willing to do just about anything to get it. Don't consider the skaters as bad kids, just be happy you are building something that the kids want so badly they can not wait until it's finished, and ask yourself when is the last time kids wanted a sports field so badly that they couldn't wait for it to be finished. The bottom line is you are finally catching up with what youth is interested in, and they are excited. I think you'll be surprised once the facility opens up.
You may also want to watch:
B Knox Street
- 1 A10 speed limit reduced at Waterbeach after death of baby Louis Thorold
- 2 Not breaking news: Vicar has lucky escape, station closes and hotel sold
- 3 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 4 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 5 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 6 Man jailed for abusive rampage against ex-partner
- 7 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement
- 8 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 9 Hospitals temporarily reintroduce restrictions for visitors
- 10 Mayor fumes over ‘amateur’ foster carers claim