Ladies Wear Shop With Long Pedigree in Ely Supports Our Keep It Local Campaign
LADIES wear specialist Catherine Jane, is the latest business to lend its support to the Ely Standard s Keep it Local campaign. A charming boutique store in Ely s High Street Passage, Catherine Jane is celebrating 20 years of independent trading this wee
LADIES wear specialist Catherine Jane, is the latest business to lend its support to the Ely Standard's Keep it Local campaign.
A charming boutique store in Ely's High Street Passage, Catherine Jane is celebrating 20 years' of independent trading this week and owners Catherine Teale and Jane Horsnell believe they can continue to trade in Ely for many years to come,
"We have been in Ely for 20 years now and I think the people here are some of the most supportive and responsive to independent traders we have come across, said Jane,
"We feel that local independent traders are so important to any town and I always make sure that if someone can't find what they are after in store then I will point them somewhere else where I think they could find it.
You may also want to watch:
"People are always surprised that we send them elsewhere but its part of our customer service, which is important."
The pair, who started out in a small shop on Market Street, are proud to support other local business and where possible are always happy to consider new lines and products from local designers.
- 1 Restaurant launches bright pink ‘selfie areas’ ahead of reopening
- 2 Throwback to places and faces of Ely's past
- 3 Dispersal order to tackle aggressive begging, street drinking and thefts
- 4 Residents ‘left without a voice’ over anti-social car park behaviour
- 5 Jail for man caught carrying meat cleaver in public after missing tools argument
- 6 Businesses reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 7 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 8 Boat club president inspires students days after race
- 9 Freemasons make cash donation to support hospital cancer patients
- 10 Photos of the Week: Views along the river and sun-kissed skylines
With 20 years' experience as local traders in Ely the pair have learned a thing or two about customer service and, although they are embracing the future of business with a new website, Jane believes there will never be a substitute for good face-to-face customer service,
"Websites are the way of the future but what is important is that we aren't selling our lines through our website, we still want people to come in to the shop because we believe that you just can't get the same level of personal service online that you can with people who know the product," she said.
INFO: Catherine Jane is located on Ely's High Street Passage and can be contacted on 01353666752, or via the website on www.catherine-jane-ely.co.uk
Pic cap: Pictured from left to right are: Catherine Teale and Jane Horsnell.
Photo: HELEN DRAKE