Kudos to Ely mayor for dealing with our concerns over noise from planned weekly concerts
- Credit: Archant
AS one of the residents who ‘complained’ about the noise from the mayor’s concerts in Ely market place, I want to get some context in because without it I look pretty uncharitable.
The first Saturday we were out there with everyone else, thinking how great it was. The same the next week.
By the third Saturday in a row it was getting a bit much - and then we found out the gigs were scheduled for every Saturday until the beginning of September. That’s when we contacted the mayor.
It is not because we want the market place just as we want it, not because we don’t like other people having fun near our home, not because we are NIMBYs.
We thought it was a bit much to have loud, live music right outside our home every Saturday until 10pm or later for the whole summer.
You may also want to watch:
I suggested every other week, seems a fair balance.
For the record, the mayor listened, replied to my e-mail and showed much thought - and acted.
- 1 Councillors praised for 'tireless' illegal encampment work
- 2 East Cambs could be getting five new walking routes
- 3 Former deputy mayor wants to move Newmarket to Cambridgeshire
- 4 Round one to High Flyer after highways gives thumbs up to giant mug
- 5 'Panicked' dangerous driver apologises after 90mph police pursuit
- 6 Our weekly round-up of what Ely Standard readers have to say
- 7 Customers report summerhouse builder to fraud investigators
- 8 Foodbank receives ‘kind’ cash donation from housebuilder
- 9 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 10 Leader’s reminder of human cost of £100k homes fall-out
Kudos to her (and thanks).