Kudos to Ely mayor for dealing with our concerns over noise from planned weekly concerts
- Credit: Archant
AS one of the residents who ‘complained’ about the noise from the mayor’s concerts in Ely market place, I want to get some context in because without it I look pretty uncharitable.
The first Saturday we were out there with everyone else, thinking how great it was. The same the next week.
By the third Saturday in a row it was getting a bit much - and then we found out the gigs were scheduled for every Saturday until the beginning of September. That’s when we contacted the mayor.
It is not because we want the market place just as we want it, not because we don’t like other people having fun near our home, not because we are NIMBYs.
We thought it was a bit much to have loud, live music right outside our home every Saturday until 10pm or later for the whole summer.
I suggested every other week, seems a fair balance.
For the record, the mayor listened, replied to my e-mail and showed much thought - and acted.
- 1 Councillor wants apology for Nadine Dorries 'misogynist' tweet
- 2 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 3 Best Indian in CAMBRIDGESHIRE even though award says best in NORFOLK
- 4 New shop already 'exceeded expectations' after strong opening day
- 5 Driver escapes injury after car hits wall
- 6 Ely Rotary Club back with annual Christmas collection
- 7 Two year ban on begging for these six
- 8 Nuisance caller flouted court order day after prison release
- 9 GP practices mark ‘momentous milestone’ in Covid-19 vaccine programme
- 10 How do Cambridgeshire Fens' Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown?
Kudos to her (and thanks).