Kudos to Ely mayor for dealing with our concerns over noise from planned weekly concerts
- Credit: Archant
AS one of the residents who ‘complained’ about the noise from the mayor’s concerts in Ely market place, I want to get some context in because without it I look pretty uncharitable.
The first Saturday we were out there with everyone else, thinking how great it was. The same the next week.
By the third Saturday in a row it was getting a bit much - and then we found out the gigs were scheduled for every Saturday until the beginning of September. That’s when we contacted the mayor.
It is not because we want the market place just as we want it, not because we don’t like other people having fun near our home, not because we are NIMBYs.
We thought it was a bit much to have loud, live music right outside our home every Saturday until 10pm or later for the whole summer.
You may also want to watch:
I suggested every other week, seems a fair balance.
For the record, the mayor listened, replied to my e-mail and showed much thought - and acted.
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Son's touching tribute: 'My father fought with passion for that in which he believed'
- 3 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 4 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
- 5 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 6 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 7 Ambulance charity first in East to transfer Covid-19 patients by air
- 8 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week
- 9 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road
Kudos to her (and thanks).