Kerry’s a fund-runner!
Kerry Giles-Brown, from Littleport, completed this year s Flora London Marathon despite the gruelling heat, and managed to break her fund-raising target. Kerry, 35, set out to raise £4,000 in memory of her late mother-in-law Doreen Brown and her godmother
Kerry Giles-Brown, from Littleport, completed this year's Flora London Marathon despite the gruelling heat, and managed to break her fund-raising target.
Kerry, 35, set out to raise £4,000 in memory of her late mother-in-law Doreen Brown and her godmother Janet Porter. However, her fund-raising has proved to be as successful as her running and she visited Arthur Rank Hospice to hand over £5,000 for the Hospice at Home Appeal.
Kerry and her friends Andrea Walker and Amanda Dodman held a variety of fund-raising events as well as collecting sponsorship for her marathon run.
Kerry said: 'It would be impossible to thank everyone individually for their donations and support. But special thanks go to Littleport Leisure Centre and Littleport Bowls Club for hosting our fund-raising events."
Pat Dalrymple, head of fund-raising at the hospice, said: "This is a really fantastic achievement and Kerry, Andrea and Amanda have worked so hard to raise this wonderful sum of money.
"Kerry has put in hours of training in order to be able to run the marathon, but she still finds the energy to organise this amazing variety of fund-raising events.
- 1 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 2 Cinderella makes a comeback thanks to Players' Christmas pantomime
- 3 Cambridgeshire's Enhanced Area Status extended amid Covid surge in schools
- 4 Woman wins right to build annexe to home
- 5 Robber attempts to steal scratch card and alcohol from convenience store
- 6 80 homes threaten access to ‘rural haven of rare beauty’
- 7 Dental practice plan move to business park
- 8 Bus ‘wars', Aids, Ely parking and a ’vote for fen man – for fen people’
- 9 Mother pays tribute to “much-loved” son who died near Fen Drayton
- 10 Huge spike in safety complaints due to 'bedroom sellers' during pandemic
"We are so grateful to Kerry and all her friends and family who are really committed to helping us fund the Hospice at Home service.