Kerry’s a fund-runner!
Kerry Giles-Brown, from Littleport, completed this year s Flora London Marathon despite the gruelling heat, and managed to break her fund-raising target. Kerry, 35, set out to raise £4,000 in memory of her late mother-in-law Doreen Brown and her godmother
Kerry Giles-Brown, from Littleport, completed this year's Flora London Marathon despite the gruelling heat, and managed to break her fund-raising target.
Kerry, 35, set out to raise £4,000 in memory of her late mother-in-law Doreen Brown and her godmother Janet Porter. However, her fund-raising has proved to be as successful as her running and she visited Arthur Rank Hospice to hand over £5,000 for the Hospice at Home Appeal.
Kerry and her friends Andrea Walker and Amanda Dodman held a variety of fund-raising events as well as collecting sponsorship for her marathon run.
Kerry said: 'It would be impossible to thank everyone individually for their donations and support. But special thanks go to Littleport Leisure Centre and Littleport Bowls Club for hosting our fund-raising events."
You may also want to watch:
Pat Dalrymple, head of fund-raising at the hospice, said: "This is a really fantastic achievement and Kerry, Andrea and Amanda have worked so hard to raise this wonderful sum of money.
"Kerry has put in hours of training in order to be able to run the marathon, but she still finds the energy to organise this amazing variety of fund-raising events.
- 1 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 2 Have a BREW-TIFUL day says the pub with a giant tea cup outside
- 3 Caught on camera: milk thieves strike in the city
- 4 Eight page enforcement notice wrapped round giant cuppa
- 5 Ely Museum team member retires after 16 years' service
- 6 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 7 Kevin’s powerful testimony challenges us to #DoTheRightThing
- 8 Equipment worth £6,000 stolen from farm during overnight break-in
- 9 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 10 'Every number is a lost life' - Worst Covid affected care homes in Cambs
"We are so grateful to Kerry and all her friends and family who are really committed to helping us fund the Hospice at Home service.