Kerry’s a fund-runner!
Kerry Giles-Brown, from Littleport, completed this year s Flora London Marathon despite the gruelling heat, and managed to break her fund-raising target. Kerry, 35, set out to raise £4,000 in memory of her late mother-in-law Doreen Brown and her godmother
Kerry Giles-Brown, from Littleport, completed this year's Flora London Marathon despite the gruelling heat, and managed to break her fund-raising target.
Kerry, 35, set out to raise £4,000 in memory of her late mother-in-law Doreen Brown and her godmother Janet Porter. However, her fund-raising has proved to be as successful as her running and she visited Arthur Rank Hospice to hand over £5,000 for the Hospice at Home Appeal.
Kerry and her friends Andrea Walker and Amanda Dodman held a variety of fund-raising events as well as collecting sponsorship for her marathon run.
Kerry said: 'It would be impossible to thank everyone individually for their donations and support. But special thanks go to Littleport Leisure Centre and Littleport Bowls Club for hosting our fund-raising events."
You may also want to watch:
Pat Dalrymple, head of fund-raising at the hospice, said: "This is a really fantastic achievement and Kerry, Andrea and Amanda have worked so hard to raise this wonderful sum of money.
"Kerry has put in hours of training in order to be able to run the marathon, but she still finds the energy to organise this amazing variety of fund-raising events.
- 1 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 2 Fears for historic vicarage council fought to save
- 3 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 4 Three arrests after suspected brothel discovered
- 5 Large illegal knife and 45 cannabis plants found in police raid
- 6 Transformation of empty offices into luxury flats well under way
- 7 City’s first Asian grocery store coming to market place
- 8 College and sixth form's 'gold' rating for 'outstanding' mental health provision
- 9 Photo memories of the late Prince Philip projected onto house
- 10 Former homeless recreate ‘Lunch atop a Skyscraper’ photograph
"We are so grateful to Kerry and all her friends and family who are really committed to helping us fund the Hospice at Home service.