Keep Roswell Pits Natural
IF there s a war on ignorance, Eddie Holden has proclaimed himself a staunch member of the resistance. The 50-year-old pit he wrote about (Ely Standard, April 2) is owned and maintained brilliantly by the Environment Agency. My concern is the 200 year-old
IF there's a war on ignorance, Eddie Holden has proclaimed himself a staunch member of the resistance. The 50-year-old pit he wrote about (Ely Standard, April 2) is owned and maintained brilliantly by the Environment Agency. My concern is the 200 year-old pit next to it that has been damaged by the unlawful work carried out by the owner, J Tyrell.
It doesn't matter how old I am or where I'm from. Looking at the facts, seeing what's right and what's wrong and standing up for what I believe in is what matters.
I believe the pits must be kept as a nature reserve because I know the building and running of a country park/marina/floating car park will adversely affect the flora and fauna, either driving away or killing many species there.
I care about the city of Ely and how it develops.
You may also want to watch:
This is why, Eddie Holden, you once again see my name in the paper and above my name you read my words.
No moorings, no development. Keep the natural beauty.
- 1 Village pub limits reopening to ‘bread and butter customers’ only
- 2 Park and ride from Milton to return next month
- 3 Action this day as new alliance slashes £72k from councillors' allowance budget
- 4 Witchford hold their heads high despite narrow Cambs League cup exit
- 5 Hifields to bring world-class artists and 6,000 festival-goers to Cambridgeshire countryside
- 6 Shoppers rush to help man injured after falling in High Street
- 7 Family pay tribute to ‘talented’ father-of-three veteran killed in crash
- 8 Letter: Amazing reunion for couple thanks to paramedics
- 9 Man charged with armed robbery in Fenland
- 10 Energy provider hopes green approach can take gardening by storm