Keep Roswell Pits Natural
IF there s a war on ignorance, Eddie Holden has proclaimed himself a staunch member of the resistance. The 50-year-old pit he wrote about (Ely Standard, April 2) is owned and maintained brilliantly by the Environment Agency. My concern is the 200 year-old
IF there's a war on ignorance, Eddie Holden has proclaimed himself a staunch member of the resistance. The 50-year-old pit he wrote about (Ely Standard, April 2) is owned and maintained brilliantly by the Environment Agency. My concern is the 200 year-old pit next to it that has been damaged by the unlawful work carried out by the owner, J Tyrell.
It doesn't matter how old I am or where I'm from. Looking at the facts, seeing what's right and what's wrong and standing up for what I believe in is what matters.
I believe the pits must be kept as a nature reserve because I know the building and running of a country park/marina/floating car park will adversely affect the flora and fauna, either driving away or killing many species there.
I care about the city of Ely and how it develops.
You may also want to watch:
This is why, Eddie Holden, you once again see my name in the paper and above my name you read my words.
No moorings, no development. Keep the natural beauty.
- 1 20 travelling families park illegally at rugby club
- 2 Club shuts its doors after illegal encampment spotted
- 3 Councillors praised for 'tireless' illegal encampment work
- 4 Former deputy mayor wants to move Newmarket to Cambridgeshire
- 5 White van driver sought after Passat overturns
- 6 Glamping site granted drinks licence despite neighbours' protests
- 7 East Cambs could be getting five new walking routes
- 8 Annual classic car show returns to Ely
- 9 Book tickets for brewery’s summer jazz party
- 10 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment