Keep Roswell Pits Natural
IF there s a war on ignorance, Eddie Holden has proclaimed himself a staunch member of the resistance. The 50-year-old pit he wrote about (Ely Standard, April 2) is owned and maintained brilliantly by the Environment Agency. My concern is the 200 year-old
IF there's a war on ignorance, Eddie Holden has proclaimed himself a staunch member of the resistance. The 50-year-old pit he wrote about (Ely Standard, April 2) is owned and maintained brilliantly by the Environment Agency. My concern is the 200 year-old pit next to it that has been damaged by the unlawful work carried out by the owner, J Tyrell.
It doesn't matter how old I am or where I'm from. Looking at the facts, seeing what's right and what's wrong and standing up for what I believe in is what matters.
I believe the pits must be kept as a nature reserve because I know the building and running of a country park/marina/floating car park will adversely affect the flora and fauna, either driving away or killing many species there.
I care about the city of Ely and how it develops.
This is why, Eddie Holden, you once again see my name in the paper and above my name you read my words.
No moorings, no development. Keep the natural beauty.
- 1 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 2 Inferno BBQ to be occupied by sister company Forbidden Burger Co
- 3 Mike Rouse, councillor, former mayor and historian, dies aged 82
- 4 Mike Rouse: A lifetime's passion for books and literature
- 5 'A little talent very thinly spread' Mike Rouse, in his own words
- 6 Table made from 5,000-year-old oak tree to be unveiled at Ely Cathedral in honour of The Queen
- 7 Cambridge: Police officer had surgery after sex offender drove car at them
- 8 Middlesbrough couple found in Cambs with drugs worth around £37,000
- 9 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 10 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?