Keep Roswell Pits Natural
IF there s a war on ignorance, Eddie Holden has proclaimed himself a staunch member of the resistance. The 50-year-old pit he wrote about (Ely Standard, April 2) is owned and maintained brilliantly by the Environment Agency. My concern is the 200 year-old
IF there's a war on ignorance, Eddie Holden has proclaimed himself a staunch member of the resistance. The 50-year-old pit he wrote about (Ely Standard, April 2) is owned and maintained brilliantly by the Environment Agency. My concern is the 200 year-old pit next to it that has been damaged by the unlawful work carried out by the owner, J Tyrell.
It doesn't matter how old I am or where I'm from. Looking at the facts, seeing what's right and what's wrong and standing up for what I believe in is what matters.
I believe the pits must be kept as a nature reserve because I know the building and running of a country park/marina/floating car park will adversely affect the flora and fauna, either driving away or killing many species there.
I care about the city of Ely and how it develops.
You may also want to watch:
This is why, Eddie Holden, you once again see my name in the paper and above my name you read my words.
No moorings, no development. Keep the natural beauty.
- 1 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 2 New Google Search data reveals Ely is one of Britain’s most tired cities
- 3 Ely Cathedral's Covid-19 vaccination centre application was turned down
- 4 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 5 Number of fatal injuries caused on our roads ‘remains far too high’
- 6 Man who spent Christmas alone in intensive care proposes to girlfriend
- 7 Nobody home as police force entry after reports of drugs activity
- 8 Keep a birds-eye view on resident Peregrine falcons by watching webcam
- 9 Fight with weapons outside gym leaves two people seriously injured
- 10 Flooding highlights outline of English Civil War fort as rain fills moat