Keep collections weekly
WHY aren t more people speaking out on the subject of weekly waste collections? We do not have to follow like sheep and take the course of action taken by other councils. Why can t ECDC be a leader in championing the rights and wishes of its ratepayers a
WHY aren't more people speaking out on the subject of weekly waste collections?
We do not have to follow like sheep and take the course of action taken by other councils. Why can't ECDC be a leader in championing the rights and wishes of its ratepayers and increase the recyclable collections to every week and reduce the collection of non perishable waste to every other week?
This would be taking the 'lead' in the promotion of recycling and would maintain the status quo for the number of collections and thus not increase the costs of waste collection. Also it would increase the volumes recycled and therefore reduce the waste going to landfill.
Now the weather is getting warmer, the brown bags are starting to smell in the garage or outside the back door, even after a few days. Soon we will get the flies, maggots and vermin (foxes, dogs, cats and/or rats). How long will the bags last in the heat and rain and when do the bottoms of the bags start to fall out when picked up?
You may also want to watch:
Why are ratepayers treated like they are stupid?
I am sure the first party to come out and state that they would fight to retain weekly rubbish collections would sweep the board at an election.
- 1 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 2 Fears for historic vicarage council fought to save
- 3 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 4 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 5 Three arrests after suspected brothel discovered
- 6 Large illegal knife and 45 cannabis plants found in police raid
- 7 Former homeless recreate ‘Lunch atop a Skyscraper’ photograph
- 8 City’s first Asian grocery store coming to market place
- 9 High Sheriff of Cambridgeshire honoured with new role
- 10 Transformation of empty offices into luxury flats well under way
B L ALLEN