Join the hunt for dragonflies at RSPB Lakenheath Fen with president of British Dragonfly Society
THE president of the British Dragonfly Society will lead a walk at a nature reserve which will look for species including black tailed skimmers and scarce chasers.
Dr Pam Taylor is at RSPB Lakenheath Fen on Sunday from 10am-3pm. She will give an introductory talk before leading a three-mile walk.
David White, the reserve’s information officer, said: “You may be surprised to hear that dragonflies live fascinating lives. Their nymphs live underwater for up to six years and their adult life only lasts about two months.
“Why not come and learn more about these prehistoric creatures?”
Entry is �10 for adults and �5 for children. Booking is essential - contact 01842 863400 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
You may also want to watch:
• The reserve also holds a moth night on Saturday from 8.30-11pm. Entry is �6 for adults and �3 for children. Booking is essential - contact the numbers above. Also take a torch and insect repellent.
- 1 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 2 New Google Search data reveals Ely is one of Britain’s most tired cities
- 3 Ely Cathedral's Covid-19 vaccination centre application was turned down
- 4 Nobody home as police force entry after reports of drugs activity
- 5 Letter: Why not use Ely Cathedral as a vaccination centre?
- 6 Fight with weapons outside gym leaves two people seriously injured
- 7 Homes 'siloed on edge of village like old-style council estate'
- 8 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 9 'Bed-bound, my body felt exasperated' - reporter shares battle with Covid-19
- 10 Keep a birds-eye view on resident Peregrine falcons by watching webcam