Join the hunt for dragonflies at RSPB Lakenheath Fen with president of British Dragonfly Society
THE president of the British Dragonfly Society will lead a walk at a nature reserve which will look for species including black tailed skimmers and scarce chasers.
Dr Pam Taylor is at RSPB Lakenheath Fen on Sunday from 10am-3pm. She will give an introductory talk before leading a three-mile walk.
David White, the reserve’s information officer, said: “You may be surprised to hear that dragonflies live fascinating lives. Their nymphs live underwater for up to six years and their adult life only lasts about two months.
“Why not come and learn more about these prehistoric creatures?”
Entry is �10 for adults and �5 for children. Booking is essential - contact 01842 863400 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
• The reserve also holds a moth night on Saturday from 8.30-11pm. Entry is �6 for adults and �3 for children. Booking is essential - contact the numbers above. Also take a torch and insect repellent.
- 1 80 homes threaten access to ‘rural haven of rare beauty’
- 2 Bus ‘wars', Aids, Ely parking and a ’vote for fen man – for fen people’
- 3 Woman wins right to build annexe to home
- 4 Dental practice plan move to business park
- 5 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 6 Big Christmas lights switch-on arrives
- 7 Primary school plans for new town take step forward
- 8 Frustration for Ely City is United's gain as unbeaten home run ends
- 9 Two-day operation to feature in episode four of TV series
- 10 East Cambs Council bins green waste collections for seven weeks