Join the hunt for dragonflies at RSPB Lakenheath Fen with president of British Dragonfly Society
THE president of the British Dragonfly Society will lead a walk at a nature reserve which will look for species including black tailed skimmers and scarce chasers.
Dr Pam Taylor is at RSPB Lakenheath Fen on Sunday from 10am-3pm. She will give an introductory talk before leading a three-mile walk.
David White, the reserve’s information officer, said: “You may be surprised to hear that dragonflies live fascinating lives. Their nymphs live underwater for up to six years and their adult life only lasts about two months.
“Why not come and learn more about these prehistoric creatures?”
Entry is �10 for adults and �5 for children. Booking is essential - contact 01842 863400 or e-mail email@example.com
You may also want to watch:
• The reserve also holds a moth night on Saturday from 8.30-11pm. Entry is �6 for adults and �3 for children. Booking is essential - contact the numbers above. Also take a torch and insect repellent.
- 1 Eight page enforcement notice wrapped round giant cuppa
- 2 Jail for 'predator' who raped vulnerable woman in children's play park
- 3 Fire crews called to stables building blaze
- 4 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 5 Marathon runner passes through Cambs on route to Kathmandu
- 6 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 7 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 8 Handcuffed duo prepare to make London Marathon history
- 9 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 10 'Savage' attack left man without spleen