It was music to our ears
I AM writing to express my thanks to all your readers who supported the Music In The Park event at Chippenham on June 17. We were blessed with fantastic weather and welcomed crowds in excess of 1,000 people for a lovely summer evening concert and some ma
I AM writing to express my thanks to all your readers who supported the Music In The Park event at Chippenham on June 17.
We were blessed with fantastic weather and welcomed crowds in excess of 1,000 people for a lovely summer evening concert and some magnificent fireworks.
As a small village with a big heart, we still cannot believe we pulled off such a huge event.
It was helped in no small way by the generosity of local individuals and businesses, both in time and kind.
St Margaret's, our historic 12th century parish church will benefit from the £10,000 raised, and this will form the seed to grow a bigger funding drive to provide much-needed essential facilities and restoration.
A huge 'thank you' to all those who supported and shared the wonderful experience.
- 1 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 2 See inside this £1.7m country house with its own lake near Ely
- 3 'Gas engineer' reportedly stole two phones and a purse in Haddenham
- 4 Village toasts Queen's Platinum Jubilee with a memorable touch
- 5 Weekend closure for A142 for bridge works between Ely and Chatteris
- 6 Princess Anne unveils new 'national treasure' Jubilee table in Ely
- 7 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 8 Inside the £165,000 luxury river boat for sale in the Fens
- 9 Village café battles Covid-19 delays to raise over £1,700
- 10 Corporal lines up world record 135km paddleboard trek for 'gleaming' Bobby
REV MICHAEL BANYARD
St Margaret's Parish Church, Chippenham