It was music to our ears
I AM writing to express my thanks to all your readers who supported the Music In The Park event at Chippenham on June 17. We were blessed with fantastic weather and welcomed crowds in excess of 1,000 people for a lovely summer evening concert and some ma
I AM writing to express my thanks to all your readers who supported the Music In The Park event at Chippenham on June 17.
We were blessed with fantastic weather and welcomed crowds in excess of 1,000 people for a lovely summer evening concert and some magnificent fireworks.
As a small village with a big heart, we still cannot believe we pulled off such a huge event.
It was helped in no small way by the generosity of local individuals and businesses, both in time and kind.
You may also want to watch:
St Margaret's, our historic 12th century parish church will benefit from the £10,000 raised, and this will form the seed to grow a bigger funding drive to provide much-needed essential facilities and restoration.
A huge 'thank you' to all those who supported and shared the wonderful experience.
- 1 Have a BREW-TIFUL day says the pub with a giant tea cup outside
- 2 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 3 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 4 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 5 Cash stolen and till broken in fourth break-in at Co-op store in four months
- 6 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 7 144 runners and 29 volunteers: First parkrun back is a huge success
- 8 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 9 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 10 Superb acting, singing and dancing at KD Theatre musical
REV MICHAEL BANYARD
St Margaret's Parish Church, Chippenham