It’s the taxpayers who paid for it
£127,000 for Sluice – is it worth it – NO!! I see the powers that be are still insisting that it didn t cost the taxpayer anything. When will they learn that ultimately the taxpayer pays for everything – in this case increased property costs to fund the
£127,000 for Sluice - is it worth it - NO!!
I see the powers that be are still insisting that it didn't cost the taxpayer anything. When will they learn that ultimately the taxpayer pays for everything - in this case increased property costs to fund the developers contribution, plus increased taxes to fund the Arts Council contribution. What a waste of our money. It makes me wonder how much is wasted countrywide on this useless frippery.
Its not even suitable for the area. To me, it looks like a piece of workshop machinery which has fallen off the back of a lorry and been abandoned. May it rust in pieces.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 £2m in government funding secured to explore A10 improvements
- 2 Man arrested after cannabis factory found after house blaze
- 3 Wife's tribute to husband killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 4 Cast announced for open-air musical in cathedral grounds
- 5 Mum shares her experience in call for IVF to be reinstated
- 6 Fire crews free driver trapped in overturned lorry
- 7 Councillors to spend £1m in bid to tackle climate change
- 8 Hundreds of singers and musicians capture ‘Spirit of the Fens’ at concert
- 9 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 10 Glass artist's angel wings sculpture is a poignant tribute