‘It’s not just about their colour - it’s about their personality,’ says local branch of Retired Greyhound Trust after it changes its name
- Credit: Archant
A local branch of the Retired Greyhound Trust is changing its name in a bid to help re-home greyhounds that are often overlooked due to their colour.
The Mildenhall and East Cambs branch of the trust, which has been running for 14 years, is to change its name to the ‘All Black Greys’ and will be specifically re-homing and taking in black greyhounds.
The All Black Greys will become the first re-homing centre in the country that will look to find homes for just black greyhounds, and Ann Raymond, who works at the kennels, wants to help find new homes for as many dogs as possible.
She said: “Black greyhounds tend to get overlooked – people wanting to give a dog a new home often go for the lighter colours and the black ones get left behind.
“It’s not just about their colour, it’s about their personality.”
You may also want to watch:
The newly-named trust has ordered a new batch of t-shirts for the rebrand, but says that despite their new name, they won’t be turning down greyhounds of any other colour.
Ann said: “We’d never turn down any dog that needs a new home.”
- 1 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 2 New Google Search data reveals Ely is one of Britain’s most tired cities
- 3 Ely Cathedral's Covid-19 vaccination centre application was turned down
- 4 Nobody home as police force entry after reports of drugs activity
- 5 Letter: Why not use Ely Cathedral as a vaccination centre?
- 6 Fight with weapons outside gym leaves two people seriously injured
- 7 Homes 'siloed on edge of village like old-style council estate'
- 8 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 9 'Bed-bound, my body felt exasperated' - reporter shares battle with Covid-19
- 10 Keep a birds-eye view on resident Peregrine falcons by watching webcam
If you would like to re-home a black greyhound or would like more information on the Black All Greys, call 07787701695 or 01638 716578.