It’s great to see Wilburton children enjoying new play park – well done parish council for making plan a reality
I was born and bred in Wilburton and currently have the honour of being both the county councillor and district councillor for the village.
I am very well aware of all the very hard work members of Wilburton Parish Council put into making the village’s new play area a reality and I would make a few simple comments.
There was a lot of consultation carried out before this park was installed.
The community worked very hard to put the funds in place for this dream to become a reality.
This location was one of the few areas in public ownership, it is near the school, it is central, it is relatively safe and easily accessible by foot and cycle.
I am delighted that the children of the village enjoy the facility. I am so pleased that Wilburton children are having fun and celebrating their youth.
A long time ago when I was a child, I think I made a few noises when I played and when I was enjoying myself.
- 1 Person hit by train between Manea and Peterborough
- 2 First visit not 'a flying success' but pub deserves second chance
- 3 Sanctuary Housing criticised over empty homes in Ely
- 4 Fire crews called to car fire on railway line
- 5 MP officially begins new era for major UK supplier
- 6 Huntingdon and Peterborough hospitals bring back masks after rise in Covid numbers
- 7 Lorna’s successful plea to remove £3 shower charge for disabled visitors to The Hive
- 8 Hunt is on for arsonists after 5am car fire
- 9 Threat to cancel or 'indefinitely pause' £450m Ely rail upgrade
- 10 'Cuckooing' drug dealer caught with cocaine to the value of £3,670
I am so very proud to represent a happy village and I give the parish councillors my complete support in this matter.
CLLR BILL HUNT
District Councillor, Stretham Ward
County Councillor Haddenham Division