It is not unnatural to wish to hold on to iconic view of Ely Cathedral
I was interested to read Geoff Spinks’ response to my letter about Ely Bypass.
I think even the most critical of my point of view would grant me an entitlement to express it, by virtue of the fact that having been born and lived in Ely for more than 25 years and travelled the road to Soham Grammar School for five of them.
It is not unnatural to wish to hold on to that iconic view.
In spite of Mr Spinks’ inference that I am the only one, I would refer him to recent and previous correspondence in the Daily Telegraph as the issue is far from being parochial.
However, I am of course not oblivious to the inconvenience caused to folk being delayed by the present situation, but would encourage greater exploration of a better alternative possibly casting the net further geographically.
You may also want to watch:
Certainly a meeting should be called to get a better idea of what the majority would like to see happen with every alternative properly explored.
- 1 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 2 Lib Dems score notable successes in East Cambridgeshire
- 3 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 4 Stagecoach suspends Milton park and ride
- 5 Littleport tops poll for the lowest turnout in council elections
- 6 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
- 7 Voters 'given a clear indication that they wish for us to try and run the council'
- 8 Death crash driver who fled is jailed
- 9 Farm shop receives 'overwhelming' response ahead of opening
- 10 30 East Cambs candidates compete for 8 Cambridgshire County council seats