Is this election leaflet misleading?
- Credit: Archant
Ely residents will no doubt have received many election leaflets which, of course, is par for the course in the days before voting takes place.
However, one is in the shape of a four page publication purporting to be the March edition of the Cambridgeshire Herald and proceeds to criticise the major parties, particularly the current incumbent.
This apparent newspaper is, in fact a leaflet from the Liberal Democrat (Cambridgeshire SE) candidate Jonathan Chatfield.
But looking at page one you would have a job to realise this unless you spotted two small references to the Liberal Democrats at the bottom as well as details of the publisher at the top but in tiny print.
The rest of the document is the usual political material which, although I don’t agree with it, is perfectly fine.
You may also want to watch:
My question is: Is this kind of publication misleading at first sight? Also, I am not aware of any other editions of this paper although the inference is that this is the case.
I have written to Mr Chatfield and expect to receive a standard reply - this is definitely not cricket and I will have to be content that he will be bowled out for a duck on May 7.
- 1 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 2 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 3 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'
- 4 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 5 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 6 10-year-old's sponsored hair cut for Little Princess Trust
- 7 Hundreds sign petition in support of pub's cup of positivi-tea
- 8 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 9 Post-Latitude covid has made me realise pandemic has a long way to go
- 10 Blush crowned best bridal shop in Cambs