Is MPs Business Forum Just a Vote Winner?
I WRITE in response to your article on the business forum which has been organised by MPs Jim Paice and Malcolm Moss.Where have they (and the supporters of this initiative) been for the last two years? I had a direct mailed invite and consigned it to the
I WRITE in response to your article on the business forum which has been organised by MPs Jim Paice and Malcolm Moss.
Where have they (and the supporters of this initiative) been for the last two years? I had a direct mailed invite and consigned it to the recycling bin. I don't consider they know anything about local business or business in general. Oh yes, there's a general election looming! Call me cynical but I think this is about retaining votes and not a serious attempt to help business.
They probably had a poor response from their direct mail (on House of Commons notepaper) so are hoping a press release might bring some people in.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Councillors praised for 'tireless' illegal encampment work
- 2 East Cambs could be getting five new walking routes
- 3 Former deputy mayor wants to move Newmarket to Cambridgeshire
- 4 Round one to High Flyer after highways gives thumbs up to giant mug
- 5 'Panicked' dangerous driver apologises after 90mph police pursuit
- 6 Our weekly round-up of what Ely Standard readers have to say
- 7 Customers report summerhouse builder to fraud investigators
- 8 Foodbank receives ‘kind’ cash donation from housebuilder
- 9 Leader’s reminder of human cost of £100k homes fall-out
- 10 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment