Interesting Article On Fuel, But Use Your Gears Correctly
THE articles on saving fuel on the road was interesting, but I feel should be corrected regarding the use of the gears. When driving, the vehicle should be in the correct gear for the circumstances. This is stated in the Highway Code and other authoritat
THE articles on saving fuel on the road was interesting, but I feel should be corrected regarding the use of the gears.
When driving, the vehicle should be in the correct gear for the circumstances. This is stated in the Highway Code and other authoritative manuals on driving.
In built-up areas most cars will certainly run in fifth gear, but there will be much less driver control than in fourth or third gear. In built up areas car control is paramount.
Furthermore, with modern electronic engine management systems the engine will be most economical running at revolutions that the engine management will deem appropriate, which will not be fifth gear at 25mph even though the car will accept it.
You may also want to watch:
If still sceptical about this and a computer read out is available on the car, then set it to mpg and try it for yourself.
- 1 Have a BREW-TIFUL day says the pub with a giant tea cup outside
- 2 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 3 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 4 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 5 Cash stolen and till broken in fourth break-in at Co-op store in four months
- 6 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 7 144 runners and 29 volunteers: First parkrun back is a huge success
- 8 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 9 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 10 Superb acting, singing and dancing at KD Theatre musical