Interesting Article On Fuel, But Use Your Gears Correctly
THE articles on saving fuel on the road was interesting, but I feel should be corrected regarding the use of the gears. When driving, the vehicle should be in the correct gear for the circumstances. This is stated in the Highway Code and other authoritat
THE articles on saving fuel on the road was interesting, but I feel should be corrected regarding the use of the gears.
When driving, the vehicle should be in the correct gear for the circumstances. This is stated in the Highway Code and other authoritative manuals on driving.
In built-up areas most cars will certainly run in fifth gear, but there will be much less driver control than in fourth or third gear. In built up areas car control is paramount.
Furthermore, with modern electronic engine management systems the engine will be most economical running at revolutions that the engine management will deem appropriate, which will not be fifth gear at 25mph even though the car will accept it.
If still sceptical about this and a computer read out is available on the car, then set it to mpg and try it for yourself.
- 1 Councillor wants apology for Nadine Dorries 'misogynist' tweet
- 2 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 3 New shop already 'exceeded expectations' after strong opening day
- 4 Driver escapes injury after car hits wall
- 5 Nuisance caller flouted court order day after prison release
- 6 Best Indian in CAMBRIDGESHIRE even though award says best in NORFOLK
- 7 How do Cambridgeshire Fens' Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown?
- 8 Magpas Air Ambulance doctor, Anne, shortlisted for national award
- 9 GP practices mark ‘momentous milestone’ in Covid-19 vaccine programme
- 10 Ely Rotary Club back with annual Christmas collection