Interesting Article On Fuel, But Use Your Gears Correctly
THE articles on saving fuel on the road was interesting, but I feel should be corrected regarding the use of the gears. When driving, the vehicle should be in the correct gear for the circumstances. This is stated in the Highway Code and other authoritat
THE articles on saving fuel on the road was interesting, but I feel should be corrected regarding the use of the gears.
When driving, the vehicle should be in the correct gear for the circumstances. This is stated in the Highway Code and other authoritative manuals on driving.
In built-up areas most cars will certainly run in fifth gear, but there will be much less driver control than in fourth or third gear. In built up areas car control is paramount.
Furthermore, with modern electronic engine management systems the engine will be most economical running at revolutions that the engine management will deem appropriate, which will not be fifth gear at 25mph even though the car will accept it.
You may also want to watch:
If still sceptical about this and a computer read out is available on the car, then set it to mpg and try it for yourself.
- 1 Restaurant launches bright pink ‘selfie areas’ ahead of reopening
- 2 Residents ‘left without a voice’ over anti-social car park behaviour
- 3 Dispersal order to tackle aggressive begging, street drinking and thefts
- 4 Throwback to places and faces of Ely's past
- 5 Jail for man caught carrying meat cleaver in public after missing tools argument
- 6 Businesses reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 7 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 8 Boat club president inspires students days after race
- 9 Freemasons make cash donation to support hospital cancer patients
- 10 Sheep saved after taking short-cut on busy rail line