If Mereham Goes Ahead There Will Be Gridlock On The Roads
AS a user of the A1421 Sutton to Haddenham to Stretham road and the A10 to Cambridge, I was amazed to receive a notice from Sutton parish council about the construction of Northstowe. If planning permission is granted, we will be inundated with heavy lorr
AS a user of the A1421 Sutton to Haddenham to Stretham road and the A10 to Cambridge, I was amazed to receive a notice from Sutton parish council about the construction of Northstowe. If planning permission is granted, we will be inundated with heavy lorries from the proposed new link road from Mepal pits to Earith on the B1383.
According to 'leaflet focus on Sutton' a photographer has taken photos of lorries coming through Sutton using the High Street. Sixteen lorries and heavy goods vehicles were counted in 19 minutes. If the new housing estate at Mereham goes ahead, there will be a complete gridlock.
In the floods of 1947 Wilburton, Earith and St Ives were all under two feet of water. If people want to build the proposed 5,000 homes at Mereham I would suggest they build in the Chinese style on rice paddy fields on stilts.
- 1 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 2 New shop already 'exceeded expectations' after strong opening day
- 3 Councillor wants apology for Nadine Dorries 'misogynist' tweet
- 4 Driver escapes injury after car hits wall
- 5 Nuisance caller flouted court order day after prison release
- 6 Magpas Air Ambulance doctor, Anne, shortlisted for national award
- 7 Best Indian in CAMBRIDGESHIRE even though award says best in NORFOLK
- 8 How do Cambridgeshire Fens' Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown?
- 9 Arts centre gets £25,000 post-Covid lifeline
- 10 Everything you need to know about Ely Cathedral's Christmas Gift & Food Fair 2021