If Mereham Goes Ahead There Will Be Gridlock On The Roads
AS a user of the A1421 Sutton to Haddenham to Stretham road and the A10 to Cambridge, I was amazed to receive a notice from Sutton parish council about the construction of Northstowe. If planning permission is granted, we will be inundated with heavy lorr
AS a user of the A1421 Sutton to Haddenham to Stretham road and the A10 to Cambridge, I was amazed to receive a notice from Sutton parish council about the construction of Northstowe. If planning permission is granted, we will be inundated with heavy lorries from the proposed new link road from Mepal pits to Earith on the B1383.
According to 'leaflet focus on Sutton' a photographer has taken photos of lorries coming through Sutton using the High Street. Sixteen lorries and heavy goods vehicles were counted in 19 minutes. If the new housing estate at Mereham goes ahead, there will be a complete gridlock.
In the floods of 1947 Wilburton, Earith and St Ives were all under two feet of water. If people want to build the proposed 5,000 homes at Mereham I would suggest they build in the Chinese style on rice paddy fields on stilts.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Have a BREW-TIFUL day says the pub with a giant tea cup outside
- 2 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 3 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 4 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 5 Cash stolen and till broken in fourth break-in at Co-op store in four months
- 6 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 7 144 runners and 29 volunteers: First parkrun back is a huge success
- 8 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 9 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 10 Superb acting, singing and dancing at KD Theatre musical