I would also like to thank ambulance service for the treatment I received
HAVING read about your Littleport reader Jeff Nicholas giving thanks to the ambulance service (September 13), I would like to back up his experience of this part of the emergency services.
A few days after Jeff collapsed I also was in desperate need of an ambulance at 4am. My wife put the call in and after giving a few brief details of the situation she had hardly put the phone down before the ambulance was outside my front door.
After some brief treatment we were on our way down the A10 to Addenbrooke’s Hospital, where a couple of days later I shared the same ward as Jeff.
Few of us know when we are ever going to need the emergency services and there are at least two very grateful families extremely thankful for their skills and dedication.
I am also very pleased to read that Jeff is recovering well at home.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 2 Have a BREW-TIFUL day says the pub with a giant tea cup outside
- 3 Caught on camera: milk thieves strike in the city
- 4 Eight page enforcement notice wrapped round giant cuppa
- 5 Ely Museum team member retires after 16 years' service
- 6 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 7 Kevin’s powerful testimony challenges us to #DoTheRightThing
- 8 Equipment worth £6,000 stolen from farm during overnight break-in
- 9 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 10 'Every number is a lost life' - Worst Covid affected care homes in Cambs