I would also like to thank ambulance service for the treatment I received
HAVING read about your Littleport reader Jeff Nicholas giving thanks to the ambulance service (September 13), I would like to back up his experience of this part of the emergency services.
A few days after Jeff collapsed I also was in desperate need of an ambulance at 4am. My wife put the call in and after giving a few brief details of the situation she had hardly put the phone down before the ambulance was outside my front door.
After some brief treatment we were on our way down the A10 to Addenbrooke’s Hospital, where a couple of days later I shared the same ward as Jeff.
Few of us know when we are ever going to need the emergency services and there are at least two very grateful families extremely thankful for their skills and dedication.
I am also very pleased to read that Jeff is recovering well at home.
- 1 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 2 Cinderella makes a comeback thanks to Players' Christmas pantomime
- 3 Cambridgeshire's Enhanced Area Status extended amid Covid surge in schools
- 4 Woman wins right to build annexe to home
- 5 Robber attempts to steal scratch card and alcohol from convenience store
- 6 80 homes threaten access to ‘rural haven of rare beauty’
- 7 Dental practice plan move to business park
- 8 Bus ‘wars', Aids, Ely parking and a ’vote for fen man – for fen people’
- 9 Mother pays tribute to “much-loved” son who died near Fen Drayton
- 10 Huge spike in safety complaints due to 'bedroom sellers' during pandemic