I Wish To Complain About Local Democracy
I WISH to complain about the lack of local democracy.Every week the Letter s Page is dominated by Eddie Holden. It used to be Jackie Petts and it appears that her domination of the Letter s page led to her successfully being elected as a Conservative c
I WISH to complain about the lack of local democracy.
Every week the Letter's Page is dominated by Eddie Holden. It used to be Jackie Petts and it appears that her domination of the Letter's page led to her successfully being elected as a Conservative councillor. We still get the odd gem if we are lucky.
Does Mr Holden think he will make a great MP?
Do either of them even write the rubbish in their letters?
One more letter about the pits of the common and I might actually explode. Does Mr Please let the people have their Letter's Page back.
- 1 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 2 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 3 Village life, magistrate in court for failing to clear snow and forced landing
- 4 New shop already 'exceeded expectations' after strong opening day
- 5 Councillor wants apology for Nadine Dorries 'misogynist' tweet
- 6 Big Christmas lights switch-on arrives
- 7 Nuisance caller flouted court order day after prison release
- 8 Everything you need to know about Ely Cathedral's Christmas Gift & Food Fair 2021
- 9 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 10 Driver escapes injury after car hits wall
Surely it would be far more undemocratic for a local newspaper to censor opinions just because we thought people might be fed up with hearing them.