I Wish To Complain About Local Democracy
I WISH to complain about the lack of local democracy.Every week the Letter s Page is dominated by Eddie Holden. It used to be Jackie Petts and it appears that her domination of the Letter s page led to her successfully being elected as a Conservative c
I WISH to complain about the lack of local democracy.
Every week the Letter's Page is dominated by Eddie Holden. It used to be Jackie Petts and it appears that her domination of the Letter's page led to her successfully being elected as a Conservative councillor. We still get the odd gem if we are lucky.
Does Mr Holden think he will make a great MP?
Do either of them even write the rubbish in their letters?
One more letter about the pits of the common and I might actually explode. Does Mr Please let the people have their Letter's Page back.
- 1 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 2 ‘It’s sadly coming to a natural end’ - restaurant to close its doors by August
- 3 ‘It’s been very rewarding’ - Letizia amazed by support for La Strega
- 4 Village barn struck by arsonists in 4am blaze
- 5 New bid for housing thwarted by Great Crested Newts
- 6 Littleport 'hit and run' on Victoria Street
- 7 Change of plan for A142 Mepal bridge works as July closures announced
- 8 Florist 'busier than ever' hoping to build from lockdown success
- 9 Axing BBC TV news from Cambridge 'a backward step' says MP
- 10 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
Surely it would be far more undemocratic for a local newspaper to censor opinions just because we thought people might be fed up with hearing them.