I Wish To Complain About Local Democracy
I WISH to complain about the lack of local democracy.Every week the Letter s Page is dominated by Eddie Holden. It used to be Jackie Petts and it appears that her domination of the Letter s page led to her successfully being elected as a Conservative c
I WISH to complain about the lack of local democracy.
Every week the Letter's Page is dominated by Eddie Holden. It used to be Jackie Petts and it appears that her domination of the Letter's page led to her successfully being elected as a Conservative councillor. We still get the odd gem if we are lucky.
Does Mr Holden think he will make a great MP?
Do either of them even write the rubbish in their letters?
You may also want to watch:
One more letter about the pits of the common and I might actually explode. Does Mr Please let the people have their Letter's Page back.
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
- 3 Son's touching tribute: 'My father fought with passion for that in which he believed'
- 4 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 5 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 6 Burglar who was spared by judge stole from woman three days later
- 7 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road
- 8 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 9 Company ‘paralysed by Brexit’ forced to open warehouse in Holland
Surely it would be far more undemocratic for a local newspaper to censor opinions just because we thought people might be fed up with hearing them.