I Wish To Complain About Local Democracy
I WISH to complain about the lack of local democracy.Every week the Letter s Page is dominated by Eddie Holden. It used to be Jackie Petts and it appears that her domination of the Letter s page led to her successfully being elected as a Conservative c
I WISH to complain about the lack of local democracy.
Every week the Letter's Page is dominated by Eddie Holden. It used to be Jackie Petts and it appears that her domination of the Letter's page led to her successfully being elected as a Conservative councillor. We still get the odd gem if we are lucky.
Does Mr Holden think he will make a great MP?
Do either of them even write the rubbish in their letters?
You may also want to watch:
One more letter about the pits of the common and I might actually explode. Does Mr Please let the people have their Letter's Page back.
- 1 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 2 Hundreds sign petition in support of pub's cup of positivi-tea
- 3 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 4 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 5 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'
- 6 Jail for 'predator' who raped vulnerable woman in children's play park
- 7 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 8 10-year-old's sponsored hair cut for Little Princess Trust
- 9 Marathon runner passes through Cambs on route to Kathmandu
- 10 Handcuffed duo prepare to make London Marathon history
Surely it would be far more undemocratic for a local newspaper to censor opinions just because we thought people might be fed up with hearing them.