I Wish To Complain About Local Democracy
I WISH to complain about the lack of local democracy.Every week the Letter s Page is dominated by Eddie Holden. It used to be Jackie Petts and it appears that her domination of the Letter s page led to her successfully being elected as a Conservative c
I WISH to complain about the lack of local democracy.
Every week the Letter's Page is dominated by Eddie Holden. It used to be Jackie Petts and it appears that her domination of the Letter's page led to her successfully being elected as a Conservative councillor. We still get the odd gem if we are lucky.
Does Mr Holden think he will make a great MP?
Do either of them even write the rubbish in their letters?
You may also want to watch:
One more letter about the pits of the common and I might actually explode. Does Mr Please let the people have their Letter's Page back.
- 1 Jail and criminal behaviour order for woman who spat at police officer
- 2 Entrepreneurs’ lockdown invention wins big at London competition
- 3 Man who died in road crash is named
- 4 ‘Beloved’ primary school headteacher leaving after 16 years in Soham
- 5 Jail for bank card fraudster caught on CCTV
- 6 Prosecution threat against businesses found not to be Covid-19 secure
- 7 McDonald’s helps litter pickers in mission to clean up county
- 8 You can now watch Ely Cathedral’s rare Peregrine Falcons live 24/7
- 9 Woman to travel 100km in her wheelchair to fundraise for autism charity
- 10 'Dedicated' PCSO retires after 12 years amid force funding cuts
Surely it would be far more undemocratic for a local newspaper to censor opinions just because we thought people might be fed up with hearing them.