I Understand That Not Everyone On Barratt Estate Causes Trouble
I WRITE concerning the letter entitled Not Everyone Who Lives In Social Housing Causes Trouble. At no point in my email did I say that all people who live in social housing cause trouble. I fully understand that 100% of the problems on the Barratt Esta
I WRITE concerning the letter entitled Not Everyone Who Lives In Social Housing Causes Trouble.
At no point in my email did I say that all people who live in social housing cause trouble. I fully understand that 100% of the problems on the Barratt Estate are caused by only a fraction of the people living in the social housing. You yourself say you live in social housing, so you should be as annoyed as everybody else is with this minority as they give innocent tenants a bad name. I agree that social housing is much needed, but only for geniune people who don't abuse the system.
I myself was brought up on a rough council estate in East London surrounded by some very nasty people. In order to get out of that environment, I got a job on a building site at 16 and I have worked continually ever since. No one handed anything to me on a plate. I have worked hard for everything I have. You say I'm lucky to own my own house, there is no luck involved it's called hard graft.
I'm not some pompus person living in an 'ivory tower who needs to live in the real world as you say. It is, in fact, these terminaly unemployed people who need to start living in the real word where they support themselves and don't rely on handouts from taxpayers.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 NHS worker breaks ribs, ankle and fractures leg in four car pile-up
- 2 Potamogeton Trichoides has the last word on £6.5m Mepal crematorium
- 3 Theatre group stream panto online for those who missed it due to lockdown
- 4 Gin could be just the tonic needed for dilapidated farm buildings
- 5 Spat at police officer tests positive for Covid-19
- 6 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 7 Artist impressions of how Mepal will be transformed into a £6.5m crematorium
- 8 Company ‘paralysed by Brexit’ forced to open warehouse in Holland
- 9 Cambs city voted ‘most likely to survive zombie apocalypse’
- 10 Dad of two killed on Fen road