I Understand That Not Everyone On Barratt Estate Causes Trouble
I WRITE concerning the letter entitled Not Everyone Who Lives In Social Housing Causes Trouble. At no point in my email did I say that all people who live in social housing cause trouble. I fully understand that 100% of the problems on the Barratt Esta
I WRITE concerning the letter entitled Not Everyone Who Lives In Social Housing Causes Trouble.
At no point in my email did I say that all people who live in social housing cause trouble. I fully understand that 100% of the problems on the Barratt Estate are caused by only a fraction of the people living in the social housing. You yourself say you live in social housing, so you should be as annoyed as everybody else is with this minority as they give innocent tenants a bad name. I agree that social housing is much needed, but only for geniune people who don't abuse the system.
I myself was brought up on a rough council estate in East London surrounded by some very nasty people. In order to get out of that environment, I got a job on a building site at 16 and I have worked continually ever since. No one handed anything to me on a plate. I have worked hard for everything I have. You say I'm lucky to own my own house, there is no luck involved it's called hard graft.
I'm not some pompus person living in an 'ivory tower who needs to live in the real world as you say. It is, in fact, these terminaly unemployed people who need to start living in the real word where they support themselves and don't rely on handouts from taxpayers.
- 1 Academy shake-up as one principal goes and another arrives
- 2 Baby murder accused 'didn't say much' after life support withdrawn
- 3 Mara is Ely Standard Pet of the Year - voted for by you
- 4 Inquest concludes 'quiet and happy' teenager took own life
- 5 A14 reopens after 'serious' crash involving three lorries
- 6 Prince Charming mannequin seen in car on motorway is mistaken for a body
- 7 Four doctors and a nurse off sick with Covid-19 at Fenland surgeries
- 8 8,000 homes plan criticised over ‘hidden green belt destruction’
- 9 Teenage motorcyclist dies after BMW crash
- 10 For Worship & Glory II exhibition coming to Ely Cathedral