I Need Help To Solve Parking Issues
I AM sorry to beg an audience especially about such a trivial matter as parking but I can see no alternative and I need your help. This letter need only be read by those who have the luxury of a driveway for their car. Imagine that unfortunately your dri
I AM sorry to beg an audience especially about such a trivial matter as parking but I can see no alternative and I need your help. This letter need only be read by those who have the luxury of a driveway for their car.
Imagine that unfortunately your driveway is out of action and the council has decided to paint double yellow lines outside your house.
Where would you park? Who would you contact for help?
Your MP, the council, the transport committee, your local councillor?
You may also want to watch:
Now pretend you become invisible, they can't see or hear you. Your talk and ask questions and your words are lost in a fog of white noise.
Where would you turn next - maybe trying to park on some private land, in a car park on the street side? Unfortunately you find that the landowner loses patience, the traffic wardens and police give you a ticket and then you are left with the only solution - having to move your car twice a day. Imagine the bizarre situation where the councillors discuss the awful consequences for people whom bed and breakfast in Ely and have to interrupt their breakfast in order to move their car.
- 1 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 2 New Google Search data reveals Ely is one of Britain’s most tired cities
- 3 Ely Cathedral's Covid-19 vaccination centre application was turned down
- 4 Homes 'siloed on edge of village like old-style council estate'
- 5 Letter: Why not use Ely Cathedral as a vaccination centre?
- 6 Nobody home as police force entry after reports of drugs activity
- 7 Fight with weapons outside gym leaves two people seriously injured
- 8 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 9 'Bed-bound, my body felt exasperated' - reporter shares battle with Covid-19
- 10 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
Imagine the silent scream!!
In general the people of this Isle are a wonderful tolerant people, raised to care for their neighbours, show respect and courtesy, help each other - until you come across a group of people who think this situation has somehow disappeared, these residents and their cars have also disappeared, and the problem no longer exists. Individuals who feel there can be no answer; it is either business's interests or residents who count. Well, we all count!
Business people and residents and visitors. There are answers, but only if the councillors believe it so.
I am embarrassed by their complete disregard for the people in this situation, I am appalled by their lack of morals, and I am hurt and mystified by willingness to ignore our plight.
If you have any influence please ask them to engage - there are solutions.
Frustrated, angry and saddened.