I’m still involved in Ely Funeral Service Ltd as part-time consultant
We think most people know by now that Bev and I have sold Ely Funeral Service Limited, but still get asked if we are involved.
Bev has completely finished in her role as company secretary and I am now retained as a part-time consultant, just a few hours a month.
It is now two years since the takeover by Dignity, which has retained most of the staff which Bev and I employed. Dignity leases the premises from me in Tower Road, which I still own.
It also has premises in Forehill, trading as Ely Funeral Service.
Since January 2013, both Bev and I have been busy. I have various properties in Ely which are rented out, Bev is now a qualified hypnotherapist and starting a new venture, which was featured in the Ely Standard a few weeks ago.
You may also want to watch:
My eyesight has deteriorated somewhat with Glaucoma. So if you see me around, please speak as I often don’t see you.
- 1 100mph, 20-minute police pursuit ends with a crash – and later with jail
- 2 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
- 3 Jail for paedophile who booked hotel to abuse three children
- 4 Man drove round campsite 'like a rally driver' after argument
- 5 Villagers team up to honour 'a real character'
- 6 Christmas lights switch-on event cancelled over 'Covid uncertainty'
- 7 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 8 Bomb scare was a 'hoax' say police
- 9 Perfect end for captain Malvin after regional final glory
- 10 Boris offers MP Lucy Frazer new role in reshuffle