I’m still involved in Ely Funeral Service Ltd as part-time consultant
We think most people know by now that Bev and I have sold Ely Funeral Service Limited, but still get asked if we are involved.
Bev has completely finished in her role as company secretary and I am now retained as a part-time consultant, just a few hours a month.
It is now two years since the takeover by Dignity, which has retained most of the staff which Bev and I employed. Dignity leases the premises from me in Tower Road, which I still own.
It also has premises in Forehill, trading as Ely Funeral Service.
Since January 2013, both Bev and I have been busy. I have various properties in Ely which are rented out, Bev is now a qualified hypnotherapist and starting a new venture, which was featured in the Ely Standard a few weeks ago.
You may also want to watch:
My eyesight has deteriorated somewhat with Glaucoma. So if you see me around, please speak as I often don’t see you.
- 1 Three arrests after suspected brothel discovered
- 2 City’s first Asian grocery store coming to market place
- 3 Fire crews tackling woodland blaze carried pump and equipment 200 metres
- 4 Transformation of empty offices into luxury flats well under way
- 5 Popular food delivery service Deliveroo launches in city this week
- 6 Throwback to places and faces of Ely's past
- 7 Restaurant launches bright pink ‘selfie areas’ ahead of reopening
- 8 Jail for man caught carrying meat cleaver in public after missing tools argument
- 9 Person hit by train between Cambridge and Ely
- 10 Residents ‘left without a voice’ over anti-social car park behaviour