I’m still involved in Ely Funeral Service Ltd as part-time consultant
We think most people know by now that Bev and I have sold Ely Funeral Service Limited, but still get asked if we are involved.
Bev has completely finished in her role as company secretary and I am now retained as a part-time consultant, just a few hours a month.
It is now two years since the takeover by Dignity, which has retained most of the staff which Bev and I employed. Dignity leases the premises from me in Tower Road, which I still own.
It also has premises in Forehill, trading as Ely Funeral Service.
Since January 2013, both Bev and I have been busy. I have various properties in Ely which are rented out, Bev is now a qualified hypnotherapist and starting a new venture, which was featured in the Ely Standard a few weeks ago.
My eyesight has deteriorated somewhat with Glaucoma. So if you see me around, please speak as I often don’t see you.
- 1 Smoke plume in village near Cambridge thought to be car fire
- 2 Cambridgeshire man kicked and headbutted police officers
- 3 Have your say on proposed commercial development in Ely
- 4 Casualty treated for smoke inhalation following house fire
- 5 Threat to cancel or 'indefinitely pause' £450m Ely rail upgrade
- 6 Stansted Airport and Cambridge trains disrupted after tree falls on tracks
- 7 Duke and Duchess of Cambridge arrive in Newmarket for Cambs County Day
- 8 Development plans submitted for next phase of Cambridge North
- 9 IN PICTURES: Wills and Kate visit Cambridgeshire's first County Day
- 10 Headteacher ‘extremely proud’ after school receives games mark award