I’m not having a go at older male drivers, it’s good manners to use indicators when required
IN reply to Eddie Holden’s letter in your May 24 edition.
The man in question who I was writing about the week before did not cause me an accident but I feel it is good manners to inform other road users of your intentions and that means using indicators when required.
It never entered my head that the gentleman in question was old and shouldn’t be driving. Even if the gentleman was 25 years old I would still be having the same discussion.
I am in total with you at the female drivers who drive their children to school through the village at high speeds as I have encountered this when I travel to work along Black Bank Road.
I know that I am not the world’s best driver but I pride myself in driving with care and manners.
You may also want to watch:
So Mr Holden please do not take offence and think that I am having a go at older male drivers over a certain age as that is not the case at all.
- 1 Did you go to Newmarket Nights? Spot yourself in our gallery
- 2 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 3 Not breaking news: Vicar with a vision, illegal fishing, workhouses and fork theft
- 4 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 5 Blush crowned best bridal shop in Cambs
- 6 Jail for 'predator' who raped vulnerable woman in children's play park
- 7 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'
- 8 Hundreds sign petition in support of pub's cup of positivi-tea
- 9 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 10 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home