I’m not having a go at older male drivers, it’s good manners to use indicators when required
IN reply to Eddie Holden’s letter in your May 24 edition.
The man in question who I was writing about the week before did not cause me an accident but I feel it is good manners to inform other road users of your intentions and that means using indicators when required.
It never entered my head that the gentleman in question was old and shouldn’t be driving. Even if the gentleman was 25 years old I would still be having the same discussion.
I am in total with you at the female drivers who drive their children to school through the village at high speeds as I have encountered this when I travel to work along Black Bank Road.
I know that I am not the world’s best driver but I pride myself in driving with care and manners.
So Mr Holden please do not take offence and think that I am having a go at older male drivers over a certain age as that is not the case at all.
- 1 Have your say on proposed commercial development in Ely
- 2 Casualty treated for smoke inhalation following house fire
- 3 IN PICTURES: Wills and Kate visit Cambridgeshire's first County Day
- 4 Threat to cancel or 'indefinitely pause' £450m Ely rail upgrade
- 5 Cambridgeshire man kicked and headbutted police officers
- 6 Headteacher ‘extremely proud’ after school receives games mark award
- 7 Vehicle fire caused heavy traffic on A14
- 8 Duke and Duchess of Cambridge arrive in Newmarket for Cambs County Day
- 9 County Day hopes to shine light on young farmers of Cambridgeshire
- 10 IN PICTURES: A Cambridgeshire showcase at the inaugural County Day