I love East Cambs area and its wildlife - shame some of the locals don’t feel the same
WE were reliably informed by a group of French monsieurs and madames (probably the worse for wear on chateau plonk) that Armageddon would occur on December 21 at 11.11am.
Three minutes before that time I was driving twixt Coveney and Little Downham and espied a group of creatures exiting a number of 4x4 vehicles wearing wax jackets, green wellies, Santa hats and armed with shotguns.
“What could they be?” I asked myself. “Aliens come to save us perhaps?”
I waited around and by 11.15am the world hadn’t come to an end and we had all lived to fight another day.
This also unfortunately applied to the “aliens” who turned out to be the usual unspeakable creatures going about their business shooting defenceless wildlife at Christmas.
You may also want to watch:
A Londoner by birth, I love this area and its wildlife - pity some of the locals don’t.
- 1 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
- 2 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 3 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 4 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 5 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road
- 6 Burglar who was spared by judge stole from woman three days later
- 7 New youth centre could be built in Littleport
- 8 Environment Agency seize 52 illegal fishing devices from region’s rivers
- 9 East Cambridgeshire is ‘home to the noisiest neighbours in the country’
- 10 Care home still 'requires improvement'