I love East Cambs area and its wildlife - shame some of the locals don’t feel the same
WE were reliably informed by a group of French monsieurs and madames (probably the worse for wear on chateau plonk) that Armageddon would occur on December 21 at 11.11am.
Three minutes before that time I was driving twixt Coveney and Little Downham and espied a group of creatures exiting a number of 4x4 vehicles wearing wax jackets, green wellies, Santa hats and armed with shotguns.
“What could they be?” I asked myself. “Aliens come to save us perhaps?”
I waited around and by 11.15am the world hadn’t come to an end and we had all lived to fight another day.
This also unfortunately applied to the “aliens” who turned out to be the usual unspeakable creatures going about their business shooting defenceless wildlife at Christmas.
A Londoner by birth, I love this area and its wildlife - pity some of the locals don’t.
- 1 Fire crews called to car fire on railway line
- 2 Car rolled in crash on A14
- 3 Councillor quits as voters get set for two Ely by-elections
- 4 Huntingdon and Peterborough hospitals bring back masks after rise in Covid numbers
- 5 Caravan site wants 10 new lodges to cope with demand
- 6 MP officially begins new era for major UK supplier
- 7 Smoke plume in village near Cambridge thought to be car fire
- 8 Man jealous of ex-wife's new relationship burnt down house
- 9 Drink-driver 'almost hit police car' in crash
- 10 Warwick Davis and daughter Annabelle cut the ribbon at special opening