I Hope Jim Paice Remains Our MP For Many Years To Come
I HAVE just read your story concerning Jim Paice s expenses. Yes, it is true that he claimed the maximum allowance for second homes this last year, but that puts him on a par with the overwhelming majority of MPs. He has not claimed for duck houses , or
I HAVE just read your story concerning Jim Paice's expenses. Yes, it is true that he claimed the maximum allowance for second homes this last year, but that puts him on a par with the overwhelming majority of MPs. He has not claimed for 'duck houses', or 'moat cleaning' or other such ridiculous items; and he has certainly not 'forgotten' when his mortgage is due to be paid off!
I have known Jim Paice for almost 40 years now, long before he became our MP here in South East Cambridgeshire. Whilst I had nothing to do with his selection as a candidate to replace Francis Pym, I was glad that he had been chosen. I am not what one would call a close friend of Jim, more of a first name term acquaintance. I have had my differences of opinion with Jim over the years, something that he will, if need be, confirm; but I will tell you and your readers this.
Jim is an excellent Member of Parliament for this constituency. He works extremely hard, and is always willing to try and help any constituent. He is well respected and liked. You will have to go a very long way down the river to find someone more honest and straightforward than he is. His integrity cannot, in my opinion, be questioned. Parliament will need straightforward plain talking honest MPs to sort out the mess that it has sadly become. I sincerely hope that Jim Paice remains our MP for many years to come. His wise words will be needed in the coming months. Jim has my full support.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Three arrests after suspected brothel discovered
- 2 City’s first Asian grocery store coming to market place
- 3 Fire crews tackling woodland blaze carried pump and equipment 200 metres
- 4 Popular food delivery service Deliveroo launches in city this week
- 5 Transformation of empty offices into luxury flats well under way
- 6 Throwback to places and faces of Ely's past
- 7 Restaurant launches bright pink ‘selfie areas’ ahead of reopening
- 8 Jail for man caught carrying meat cleaver in public after missing tools argument
- 9 Residents ‘left without a voice’ over anti-social car park behaviour
- 10 Photos of the Week: Views along the river and sun-kissed skylines