I hope flooding of Ely underpass will make objectors realise that bypass is essential
- Credit: Archant
I hope now that, once and for all, the people who are opposing the Ely bypass will understand that this is the right way to go.
The recent flooding of the underpass proves that this is lost cause to make it deeper for lorries and high transport lorries. Flooding would only bring everything to a standstill.
Can we now get on with building this flyover to Stuntney and see Ely Cathedral as it’s never been seen before by everyone who will use that road and the pedestrian footpath, which will be used as a platform to take photographs.
The longer it goes on before work starts, the more money it will cost.
Do it now before the new houses are built. People will need quick access in and out of Ely.
So, everyone, shoulders to the wheels and get this bypass rolling and make Ely more prosperous for the future.
- 1 ‘They looked fabulous’ - school’s first off-site prom a huge success
- 2 Council calls for return to mask wearing as Covid soars
- 3 Rikki Neave’s mother calls for tougher sentence for son’s murderer
- 4 Covid sweeps across Cambridgeshire as summer wave takes hold
- 5 Steve Barclay becomes Health Secretary following shock resignations
- 6 'Rubberneckers' cause second crash trying to view overturned lorry
- 7 Woman, 80, dies following A141 crash
- 8 DVLA issues urgent warning to drivers in UK
- 9 Man accused of shoplifting £3,000 of printer ink to stand trial next year
- 10 Pair trapped after A142 crash rescued from ditch