I hope flooding of Ely underpass will make objectors realise that bypass is essential
- Credit: Archant
I hope now that, once and for all, the people who are opposing the Ely bypass will understand that this is the right way to go.
The recent flooding of the underpass proves that this is lost cause to make it deeper for lorries and high transport lorries. Flooding would only bring everything to a standstill.
Can we now get on with building this flyover to Stuntney and see Ely Cathedral as it’s never been seen before by everyone who will use that road and the pedestrian footpath, which will be used as a platform to take photographs.
The longer it goes on before work starts, the more money it will cost.
Do it now before the new houses are built. People will need quick access in and out of Ely.
You may also want to watch:
So, everyone, shoulders to the wheels and get this bypass rolling and make Ely more prosperous for the future.
- 1 Councillors praised for 'tireless' illegal encampment work
- 2 East Cambs could be getting five new walking routes
- 3 Former deputy mayor wants to move Newmarket to Cambridgeshire
- 4 Round one to High Flyer after highways gives thumbs up to giant mug
- 5 'Panicked' dangerous driver apologises after 90mph police pursuit
- 6 Our weekly round-up of what Ely Standard readers have to say
- 7 Customers report summerhouse builder to fraud investigators
- 8 Foodbank receives ‘kind’ cash donation from housebuilder
- 9 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 10 Leader’s reminder of human cost of £100k homes fall-out