I hope flooding of Ely underpass will make objectors realise that bypass is essential
- Credit: Archant
I hope now that, once and for all, the people who are opposing the Ely bypass will understand that this is the right way to go.
The recent flooding of the underpass proves that this is lost cause to make it deeper for lorries and high transport lorries. Flooding would only bring everything to a standstill.
Can we now get on with building this flyover to Stuntney and see Ely Cathedral as it’s never been seen before by everyone who will use that road and the pedestrian footpath, which will be used as a platform to take photographs.
The longer it goes on before work starts, the more money it will cost.
Do it now before the new houses are built. People will need quick access in and out of Ely.
You may also want to watch:
So, everyone, shoulders to the wheels and get this bypass rolling and make Ely more prosperous for the future.
- 1 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 2 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 3 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 4 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 5 Son's touching tribute: 'My father fought with passion for that in which he believed'
- 6 Man named following fatal collision
- 7 Ex-councillor launches 'one million steps' charity challenge
- 8 Councillor shares 'perfect' vaccine experience to encourage others
- 9 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week
- 10 Letters: Praise for vaccine teams, search for brewery tray and more