I hope Copenhagen Zoo changes policy on slaughtering after callous and brutal murder of giraffe
I used to think our fellow EU members were civilised - but they have made a mistake in respect of the Danish and the way they treat their zoo animals.
Obviously I am referring to the 18-month-old giraffe which was put down at Copenhagen Zoo due to interbreeding concerns when more than one zoo had already offered it a home.
This was a sheer callous and brutal murder by bolt gun but worse was to come.
The animal was displayed to, and butchered in front of, children at the zoo with later pictures of a lion enjoying eating the spoils.
I sincerely hope the “carers” at this zoo will quickly change their policy on slaughtering - if not, let’s hope people stay away from this place.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 2 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 3 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 4 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 5 Amazing escape for driver in A11 crash
- 6 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 7 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 8 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
- 9 Van driver in ‘life threatening condition’ after crash
- 10 Sex offender caught with 76 of most serious child abuse photos