I hope Copenhagen Zoo changes policy on slaughtering after callous and brutal murder of giraffe
I used to think our fellow EU members were civilised - but they have made a mistake in respect of the Danish and the way they treat their zoo animals.
Obviously I am referring to the 18-month-old giraffe which was put down at Copenhagen Zoo due to interbreeding concerns when more than one zoo had already offered it a home.
This was a sheer callous and brutal murder by bolt gun but worse was to come.
The animal was displayed to, and butchered in front of, children at the zoo with later pictures of a lion enjoying eating the spoils.
I sincerely hope the “carers” at this zoo will quickly change their policy on slaughtering - if not, let’s hope people stay away from this place.
- 1 Pastor in freedom of speech and job fight over Pride tweet
- 2 Two food businesses closed after cockroach infestations found
- 3 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 4 Missing woman back home
- 5 Petition launched to save village pub
- 6 Pub company comes out fighting to keep controversial cuppa sign
- 7 College pupils bring School of Rock to life on stage
- 8 Zip-shaped mark on Rikki's body came from his anorak – the one used to strangle him, court told
- 9 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 10 Father accused of baby's murder claimed she had hit her head in car