I hope Copenhagen Zoo changes policy on slaughtering after callous and brutal murder of giraffe
I used to think our fellow EU members were civilised - but they have made a mistake in respect of the Danish and the way they treat their zoo animals.
Obviously I am referring to the 18-month-old giraffe which was put down at Copenhagen Zoo due to interbreeding concerns when more than one zoo had already offered it a home.
This was a sheer callous and brutal murder by bolt gun but worse was to come.
The animal was displayed to, and butchered in front of, children at the zoo with later pictures of a lion enjoying eating the spoils.
I sincerely hope the “carers” at this zoo will quickly change their policy on slaughtering - if not, let’s hope people stay away from this place.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 2 Fears for historic vicarage council fought to save
- 3 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 4 Three arrests after suspected brothel discovered
- 5 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 6 Large illegal knife and 45 cannabis plants found in police raid
- 7 Former homeless recreate ‘Lunch atop a Skyscraper’ photograph
- 8 City’s first Asian grocery store coming to market place
- 9 College and sixth form's 'gold' rating for 'outstanding' mental health provision
- 10 Photo memories of the late Prince Philip projected onto house