I hope Copenhagen Zoo changes policy on slaughtering after callous and brutal murder of giraffe
I used to think our fellow EU members were civilised - but they have made a mistake in respect of the Danish and the way they treat their zoo animals.
Obviously I am referring to the 18-month-old giraffe which was put down at Copenhagen Zoo due to interbreeding concerns when more than one zoo had already offered it a home.
This was a sheer callous and brutal murder by bolt gun but worse was to come.
The animal was displayed to, and butchered in front of, children at the zoo with later pictures of a lion enjoying eating the spoils.
I sincerely hope the “carers” at this zoo will quickly change their policy on slaughtering - if not, let’s hope people stay away from this place.
- 1 Fire crews called to car fire on railway line
- 2 Car rolled in crash on A14
- 3 Councillor quits as voters get set for two Ely by-elections
- 4 Huntingdon and Peterborough hospitals bring back masks after rise in Covid numbers
- 5 Caravan site wants 10 new lodges to cope with demand
- 6 MP officially begins new era for major UK supplier
- 7 Smoke plume in village near Cambridge thought to be car fire
- 8 Man jealous of ex-wife's new relationship burnt down house
- 9 Drink-driver 'almost hit police car' in crash
- 10 Warwick Davis and daughter Annabelle cut the ribbon at special opening