I fear lamp posts in Ely city centre are being replace with modern alternatives one by one
It has come to my notice that lamp posts around Ely’s market square are all coming down one by one and being replaced with modern ones.
At the beginning, when one was knocked over and replaced with a modern post, the council gave statements to the press saying these are only temporary lamp posts and will be replaced with the same as before.
However, outside Boots chemist in the last week, down came a lamp post and up went another modern one.
Are we to expect all modern lamp posts around Ely, or are we going to be fobbed off again?
How long is temporary? The market square has had temporary posts for more than two years now.
You may also want to watch:
I await the council’s reply to this, but these modern-type lamp posts are not in keeping with Ely’s surroundings.
- 1 Jail for bank card fraudster caught on CCTV
- 2 'Dedicated' PCSO retires after 12 years amid force funding cuts
- 3 Prosecution threat against businesses found not to be Covid-19 secure
- 4 Man who died in road crash is named
- 5 Woman to travel 100km in her wheelchair to fundraise for autism charity
- 6 ‘Beloved’ primary school headteacher leaving after 16 years in Soham
- 7 You can now watch Ely Cathedral’s rare Peregrine Falcons live 24/7
- 8 Volunteer group's Covid-closure after raising £70,000 in 30 years
- 9 Community pharmacy teams to offer free Covid-19 test kits
- 10 Three arrests after suspected brothel discovered