I fear lamp posts in Ely city centre are being replace with modern alternatives one by one
It has come to my notice that lamp posts around Ely’s market square are all coming down one by one and being replaced with modern ones.
At the beginning, when one was knocked over and replaced with a modern post, the council gave statements to the press saying these are only temporary lamp posts and will be replaced with the same as before.
However, outside Boots chemist in the last week, down came a lamp post and up went another modern one.
Are we to expect all modern lamp posts around Ely, or are we going to be fobbed off again?
How long is temporary? The market square has had temporary posts for more than two years now.
You may also want to watch:
I await the council’s reply to this, but these modern-type lamp posts are not in keeping with Ely’s surroundings.
- 1 Defeated mayor on 'incredible' and 'some truly awful' people he met
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
- 3 Firefighters tackle deliberate barn blaze for more than four hours
- 4 Boy, 14, to wear electronic tag and obey curfew after admitting harassment
- 5 Punch in face leaves man with fractured nose
- 6 iPads and laptops stolen in school break-in
- 7 Village-wide pyjama day raises £1,600 for Cambridge's new children’s hospital
- 8 Defeated Tory hits out at ‘toxic brand’ and says ‘James Palmer had it coming’
- 9 Epic escape fail for ‘armed thieves’ who crashed car into ditch
- 10 Letters: No praise for Palmer, litter picker success and neglected roads