I fear lamp posts in Ely city centre are being replace with modern alternatives one by one
It has come to my notice that lamp posts around Ely’s market square are all coming down one by one and being replaced with modern ones.
At the beginning, when one was knocked over and replaced with a modern post, the council gave statements to the press saying these are only temporary lamp posts and will be replaced with the same as before.
However, outside Boots chemist in the last week, down came a lamp post and up went another modern one.
Are we to expect all modern lamp posts around Ely, or are we going to be fobbed off again?
How long is temporary? The market square has had temporary posts for more than two years now.
You may also want to watch:
I await the council’s reply to this, but these modern-type lamp posts are not in keeping with Ely’s surroundings.
- 1 Did you go to Newmarket Nights? Spot yourself in our gallery
- 2 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 3 Not breaking news: Vicar with a vision, illegal fishing, workhouses and fork theft
- 4 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 5 Jail for 'predator' who raped vulnerable woman in children's play park
- 6 Blush crowned best bridal shop in Cambs
- 7 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'
- 8 Fire crews called to stables building blaze
- 9 Hundreds sign petition in support of pub's cup of positivi-tea
- 10 Have a BREW-TIFUL day says the pub with a giant tea cup outside