I fear lamp posts in Ely city centre are being replace with modern alternatives one by one
It has come to my notice that lamp posts around Ely’s market square are all coming down one by one and being replaced with modern ones.
At the beginning, when one was knocked over and replaced with a modern post, the council gave statements to the press saying these are only temporary lamp posts and will be replaced with the same as before.
However, outside Boots chemist in the last week, down came a lamp post and up went another modern one.
Are we to expect all modern lamp posts around Ely, or are we going to be fobbed off again?
How long is temporary? The market square has had temporary posts for more than two years now.
You may also want to watch:
I await the council’s reply to this, but these modern-type lamp posts are not in keeping with Ely’s surroundings.
- 1 Homes 'siloed on edge of village like old-style council estate'
- 2 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 3 Village’s community Co-op will open next month after New Year delays
- 4 Retirement complex proposals encounter a sticky situation
- 5 Letter: Why not use Ely Cathedral as a vaccination centre?
- 6 NHS worker breaks ribs, ankle and fractures leg in four car pile-up
- 7 'Bed-bound, my body felt exasperated' - reporter shares battle with Covid-19
- 8 Car hits A14 barrier near Newmarket
- 9 Fight with weapons outside gym leaves two people seriously injured
- 10 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout