I fear for the future of our lovely city
LIBERAL Democrat councillor Ian Allen is worried that the peripheral vision of visitors viewing the cathedral may be blighted by cars parked behind a distant hedgerow (Parking Mad, May 4). If only he and his colleagues would remove politically correct bl
LIBERAL Democrat councillor Ian Allen is worried that the peripheral vision of visitors viewing the cathedral may be blighted by cars parked behind a distant hedgerow (Parking Mad, May 4).
If only he and his colleagues would remove politically correct blinkers, activate their own peripheral sight and ensure that 20:20 vision is fully engaged before they set about deciding what's best for Ely.
Maybe then the future of our lovely city would be in safer hands.
The proposed Broad Street car park extension need have very little effect on anyone's view and I wonder if Lib Dem opponents have even bothered to look at what is actually under consideration. Why should they check it out? After all, this is just another heaven-sent opportunity for self-righteous headlines to mislead an unsuspecting public.
You may also want to watch:
A word of warning - calling on the Prince of Wales to fight the Lib Dem corner may be a tactical error. I understand that Duchy of Cornwall produce sells rather well to tourists - but only if they actually manage to park and walk up the High Street!
- 1 Have a BREW-TIFUL day says the pub with a giant tea cup outside
- 2 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 3 Cash stolen and till broken in fourth break-in at Co-op store in four months
- 4 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 5 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 6 144 runners and 29 volunteers: First parkrun back is a huge success
- 7 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 8 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 9 Superb acting, singing and dancing at KD Theatre musical
- 10 Kevin’s powerful testimony challenges us to #DoTheRightThing