I Don't Know Whether To Be Flattered Or Not Mr Holden
WELL, I have certainly been put in my place. I don t know whether to be flattered that dear old Mr Holden (see Letters Page) thinks I m only 22 or upset that he thinks I m a bit of a whimp. Actually I don t mind at all. I needed a bit of a well-placed kic
WELL, I have certainly been put in my place. I don't know whether to be flattered that dear old Mr Holden (see Letters Page) thinks I'm only 22 or upset that he thinks I'm a bit of a whimp. Actually I don't mind at all. I needed a bit of a well-placed kick to motivate me and I'm sure he's right that if I put my mind to it I could do the five miles now.
I am, with the help a lady called Lori going to set up a running group. It is not for serious runners, although Lori is a serious runner, it's for people like me who want to get out in the fresh air and exercise or start training for a fund-raising race. If you would like to join me and Lori, please email your details to the address below and we will let you know the details.
I popped down to the French market on Sunday and bought some bread and cheese and olives, I was hoping it would revive memories of holidays past in the south of France, but the sky was grey and overcast and it poured with rain so not quite the romanticism I was hoping for.
This weekend, I am off to the Britten Sinfonia concert at Ely Cathedral and the Ethedreda Fair for my strawberries and Champagne, which should get my Bank Holiday weekend off to a nice, relaxing start.
You may also want to watch:
I just want to give Keith Galois a mention this week. It was Keith who organised the NCCU concert to raise money for Addenbrooke's Hospital in memory of Sarah Oldham. In the last year, Keith has been coping with his own health issues and his wife Lesley has also been very poorly; and somehow he still found the energy and determination to organise this huge event and raise a massive sum of money for the hospital. Well done Keith.
- 1 Have a BREW-TIFUL day says the pub with a giant tea cup outside
- 2 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 3 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 4 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 5 Caught on camera: milk thieves strike in the city
- 6 Cash stolen and till broken in fourth break-in at Co-op store in four months
- 7 Kevin’s powerful testimony challenges us to #DoTheRightThing
- 8 144 runners and 29 volunteers: First parkrun back is a huge success
- 9 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 10 'Every number is a lost life' - Worst Covid affected care homes in Cambs