I Don't Know Whether To Be Flattered Or Not Mr Holden
WELL, I have certainly been put in my place. I don t know whether to be flattered that dear old Mr Holden (see Letters Page) thinks I m only 22 or upset that he thinks I m a bit of a whimp. Actually I don t mind at all. I needed a bit of a well-placed kic
WELL, I have certainly been put in my place. I don't know whether to be flattered that dear old Mr Holden (see Letters Page) thinks I'm only 22 or upset that he thinks I'm a bit of a whimp. Actually I don't mind at all. I needed a bit of a well-placed kick to motivate me and I'm sure he's right that if I put my mind to it I could do the five miles now.
I am, with the help a lady called Lori going to set up a running group. It is not for serious runners, although Lori is a serious runner, it's for people like me who want to get out in the fresh air and exercise or start training for a fund-raising race. If you would like to join me and Lori, please email your details to the address below and we will let you know the details.
I popped down to the French market on Sunday and bought some bread and cheese and olives, I was hoping it would revive memories of holidays past in the south of France, but the sky was grey and overcast and it poured with rain so not quite the romanticism I was hoping for.
This weekend, I am off to the Britten Sinfonia concert at Ely Cathedral and the Ethedreda Fair for my strawberries and Champagne, which should get my Bank Holiday weekend off to a nice, relaxing start.
You may also want to watch:
I just want to give Keith Galois a mention this week. It was Keith who organised the NCCU concert to raise money for Addenbrooke's Hospital in memory of Sarah Oldham. In the last year, Keith has been coping with his own health issues and his wife Lesley has also been very poorly; and somehow he still found the energy and determination to organise this huge event and raise a massive sum of money for the hospital. Well done Keith.
- 1 New Google Search data reveals Ely is one of Britain’s most tired cities
- 2 'Well, here's another nice mess you've gotten me into'
- 3 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 4 Flooding highlights outline of English Civil War fort as rain fills moat
- 5 Bronze pig found at bottom of garden could be worth £10,000
- 6 Vaccinated nurse tells of 'incredibly stressful' situation
- 7 Ely Cathedral's Covid-19 vaccination centre application was turned down
- 8 More GP surgeries prepare to give Covid-19 vaccinations
- 9 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 10 City runners out to go extra mile for charity cash