I Applaud Your Decision To Publish Post Watch Details on Closures
I AM writing to express my disagreement with the letter on post office closures which appeared on the Ely Standard Letters Page on September 25, in particular the one from Linda McCord. I applaud your decision in printing the said details on 16 of 17 bran
I AM writing to express my disagreement with the letter on post office closures which appeared on the Ely Standard Letters Page on September 25, in particular the one from Linda McCord.
I applaud your decision in printing the said details on 16 of 17 branches proposed for replacement with outreach services will begin during October. Post Watch is to scrutinise each of Post Office Ltd proposals to encourage customers to engage in consultation and work to ensure Post offices Ltd took into account responses submitted. I disagree with the 16 replacement outreach services possibly from a van or village hall of queues especially the elderly and disabled having to queue. I am appealing to Post office Ltd to think very carefully about these closures. I can still remember just after World War Two when rationing was still in force. We had to queue at shops such as butchers in the rain, sleet and snow - sometimes 25 people or more, sometimes two lines. There might be queues like this outside numerous shops. I would not like to see the weak and infirm and aged being incapable of standing for long periods outside village halls or vans even if the services were staggered during the week. I can still see queues up and down roads and right around village halls.
- 1 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 2 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 3 A10 dualling facing new challenges
- 4 East Cambs Council bins green waste collections for seven weeks
- 5 Christmas at Wimpole illuminated trail sparks into life as countdown begins
- 6 Children among suspected hare coursers stopped in the Fens
- 7 Tributes paid to 'beloved husband' killed crossing road
- 8 Rough sleeping injunctions are ‘positive’ say council
- 9 Two-day operation to feature in episode four of TV series
- 10 Big Christmas lights switch-on arrives