I am passionate about East Cambs Council becoming more efficient and effective while reducing tax
THE recent Tory flyer would appear to convey that the upcoming Ely East by-election is a two-horse race between UKIP and the Tories.
So the letter from the Lib Dems’ Sue Austin (August 22) is particularly interesting.
In the same edition there is further evidence of East Cambridgeshire District Council’s problems 32 per cent increased spending on 2012 and more than £150,000 spent on redundancy in the last three years.
All this shows the woolly, pedestrian thinking and attitudes prevalent in government and councils today.
Undoubtedly there are hard-working, competent council officers but much more frequently, throughout our governing process there are lifetime politicians or academics who have no real appreciation of the pace, pressure and performance required in the real working world .
You may also want to watch:
This is where UKIP is so different - every mainstream member is a real person who has had a real job and made their way in life and business.
This experience is fundamental to what is needed in council and government now - better performance, harder working, smarter working.
- 1 Tributes paid to school matron who died from Covid-19
- 2 People power brings about changes to £800,000 roundabout scheme
- 3 Student defies challenges of pandemic to achieve first class degree
- 4 Retired GP's death 'avoidable' if cause of severe chest pain was 'more thoroughly investigated'
- 5 Alcohol shoplifter threatened security staff with large blade
- 6 Shop worker 'abused and reduced to tears' after denying couple entry due to Covid-19 restrictions
- 7 The Chase contestant from Cambs labelled ‘most stunning’ in show’s history
- 8 London man jailed for running drugs line between Cambs and capital
- 9 Health scare inspired slimmer’s incredible 10 stone weight loss
- 10 Driver peers out of Range Rover while trying to cross flooded Welney Wash
I am committed to achieving a more efficient council, delivering more effectively and reducing council tax.
Ely East by-election UKIP candidate