I agree with Ely fire chief’s warning about parking along Forehill - seconds count
I TOTALLY agree with the Ely fire chief’s warning about parking along Forehill.
I am an ex-firefighter and this was one of the biggest fire hazards in Ely. A fire in Forehill was then a two-pump turnout straightaway as every property is adjoining to each other.
People who park there should be fined and that includes blue badge holders – they should not abuse their right to park there on double-yellow lines.
I am a blue badge holder and would not dream of parking there. Yes, we can park on double-yellow lines, but there is no need to park in Forehill. Yes, we understand that delivery vans and lorries must make deliveries, but they are only there for a few minutes – some cars are parked there for hours.
Seconds count when there’s a fire and they should not be held up by unreasonable people parking their cars on double-yellow lines.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 3 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 4 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 5 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 6 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 7 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 8 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues
- 9 Residents asked to share ideas on how improve cycling and walking in East Cambs town
- 10 Golf club's £8,850 donation for dementia singing charity All In Sound