I agree with Ely fire chief’s warning about parking along Forehill - seconds count
I TOTALLY agree with the Ely fire chief’s warning about parking along Forehill.
I am an ex-firefighter and this was one of the biggest fire hazards in Ely. A fire in Forehill was then a two-pump turnout straightaway as every property is adjoining to each other.
People who park there should be fined and that includes blue badge holders – they should not abuse their right to park there on double-yellow lines.
I am a blue badge holder and would not dream of parking there. Yes, we can park on double-yellow lines, but there is no need to park in Forehill. Yes, we understand that delivery vans and lorries must make deliveries, but they are only there for a few minutes – some cars are parked there for hours.
Seconds count when there’s a fire and they should not be held up by unreasonable people parking their cars on double-yellow lines.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 New Google Search data reveals Ely is one of Britain’s most tired cities
- 2 'Well, here's another nice mess you've gotten me into'
- 3 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 4 Flooding highlights outline of English Civil War fort as rain fills moat
- 5 Bronze pig found at bottom of garden could be worth £10,000
- 6 Vaccinated nurse tells of 'incredibly stressful' situation
- 7 Ely Cathedral's Covid-19 vaccination centre application was turned down
- 8 More GP surgeries prepare to give Covid-19 vaccinations
- 9 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 10 City runners out to go extra mile for charity cash