I agree with Ely fire chief’s warning about parking along Forehill - seconds count
I TOTALLY agree with the Ely fire chief’s warning about parking along Forehill.
I am an ex-firefighter and this was one of the biggest fire hazards in Ely. A fire in Forehill was then a two-pump turnout straightaway as every property is adjoining to each other.
People who park there should be fined and that includes blue badge holders – they should not abuse their right to park there on double-yellow lines.
I am a blue badge holder and would not dream of parking there. Yes, we can park on double-yellow lines, but there is no need to park in Forehill. Yes, we understand that delivery vans and lorries must make deliveries, but they are only there for a few minutes – some cars are parked there for hours.
Seconds count when there’s a fire and they should not be held up by unreasonable people parking their cars on double-yellow lines.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'Dedicated' PCSO retires after 12 years amid force funding cuts
- 2 Jail for bank card fraudster caught on CCTV
- 3 Prosecution threat against businesses found not to be Covid-19 secure
- 4 You can now watch Ely Cathedral’s rare Peregrine Falcons live 24/7
- 5 Man who died in road crash is named
- 6 Woman to travel 100km in her wheelchair to fundraise for autism charity
- 7 Outcry over new road which will pass through woodland
- 8 ‘Beloved’ primary school headteacher leaving after 16 years in Soham
- 9 Volunteer group's Covid-closure after raising £70,000 in 30 years
- 10 Letters: How could we afford 120 police officers for boat race?