I agree with Ely fire chief’s warning about parking along Forehill - seconds count
I TOTALLY agree with the Ely fire chief’s warning about parking along Forehill.
I am an ex-firefighter and this was one of the biggest fire hazards in Ely. A fire in Forehill was then a two-pump turnout straightaway as every property is adjoining to each other.
People who park there should be fined and that includes blue badge holders – they should not abuse their right to park there on double-yellow lines.
I am a blue badge holder and would not dream of parking there. Yes, we can park on double-yellow lines, but there is no need to park in Forehill. Yes, we understand that delivery vans and lorries must make deliveries, but they are only there for a few minutes – some cars are parked there for hours.
Seconds count when there’s a fire and they should not be held up by unreasonable people parking their cars on double-yellow lines.
- 1 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 2 Girl, 7, left heartbroken after beloved rabbits are stolen
- 3 Table made from 5,000-year-old oak tree to be unveiled at Ely Cathedral in honour of The Queen
- 4 Food delivery robots taking to streets of Cambridgeshire
- 5 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 6 Recap: Severe disruption on Great Northern and Thameslink trains to London
- 7 Princess Anne waves from Range Rover after landing in Wisbech
- 8 Princess Anne visits Wisbech's new Citizens Advice Bureau on Cambs trip
- 9 Shoplifter who stole from store 10 times in five weeks handed CBO
- 10 Hand clinic offering additional type of treatment for arthritis sufferers