How are events in Calais a UK problem? I thought Calais was in France!
The UK is getting a lot of criticism with regard to migrants these days and, if it were not so serious it would be laughable
Other EU nations seem to think that because the majority of migrants want to come to Britain it is, therefore a British problem.
What a lot of rot – EU member nations are bound to ensure they act accordingly in their own countries and this means dealing with migrants in situ and not passing them on a northward direction.
The French are now claiming that the events in Calais are a UK problem – I thought Calais was in France, or are we expected to bail them out?
Let’s face it, we’ve had plenty of experience doing it.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Did you go to Newmarket Nights? Spot yourself in our gallery
- 2 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 3 Not breaking news: Vicar with a vision, illegal fishing, workhouses and fork theft
- 4 SAS ‘original’ Reg Seekings to feature in book
- 5 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 6 Jail for 'predator' who raped vulnerable woman in children's play park
- 7 Town rallies in fight for new hospital
- 8 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'
- 9 Blush crowned best bridal shop in Cambs
- 10 ‘Distressed cries’ of beagles fuel animal research unit protest