Hospital Not Set Up For Patients To Move From Addenbrooke's
I HAVE been a patient at Addenbrooke s Hospital for more than 40 years. Last year I received a phone call asking me if I would prefer to be seen at the Princess of Wales Hospital and I quickly said yes . When I arrived for my appointment, which was my a
I HAVE been a patient at Addenbrooke's Hospital for more than 40 years. Last year I received a phone call asking me if I would prefer to be seen at the Princess of Wales Hospital and I quickly said 'yes'.
When I arrived for my appointment, which was my annual review, I was dismayed, as the diabetologist I saw had not been informed of my case and had received no medical records from Addenbrooke's to refer to.
During my examination I asked about having my eyes x-rayed and was told that the specialist equipment was not available but that I could have them done in five months' time at the West Suffolk Hospital in Bury St Edmunds. I was told that if anything showed up, they would find it then.
I was amazed at how I was spoken to.
You may also want to watch:
I decided not to return to the Princess of Wales Hospital but to go back to Addenbrooke's.
If patients are going to be referred to the Princess of Wales Hospital then everything should be in place before people like myself are offered an alternative to travelling down the A10 twice a year.
- 1 Village pub limits reopening to ‘bread and butter customers’ only
- 2 Park and ride from Milton to return next month
- 3 Action this day as new alliance slashes £72k from councillors' allowance budget
- 4 Witchford hold their heads high despite narrow Cambs League cup exit
- 5 Hifields to bring world-class artists and 6,000 festival-goers to Cambridgeshire countryside
- 6 Shoppers rush to help man injured after falling in High Street
- 7 Family pay tribute to ‘talented’ father-of-three veteran killed in crash
- 8 Letter: Amazing reunion for couple thanks to paramedics
- 9 Man charged with armed robbery in Fenland
- 10 Family traumatised as their beloved Waffle shot in the face
HD KEARNEY (Mrs)