Hospital needs viable, cost-effective solution
IT is quite right that local people show an interest in their local NHS (Pleas to Support Hospital s Future, September 20) and it is understandable that people wish to protect their health services. Cambridgeshire Primary Care Trust is currently undertaki
IT is quite right that local people show an interest in their local NHS (Pleas to Support Hospital's Future, September 20) and it is understandable that people wish to protect their health services.
Cambridgeshire Primary Care Trust is currently undertaking a review of all its community hospitals to look at how services are provided and how they might be provided in the future.
Hinchingbrooke Hospital and its services were looked at earlier this year and we are confident that its future is now sustainable.
We are now under-taking a pre-consultation on the future model of care at Davison House, Brookfields Hospital as part of the community hospital review and are looking for a service model that is clinically viable and cost-effective.
You may also want to watch:
While it would not be sensible to make a cast-iron guarantee about the Princess of Wales Hospital's future, one criterion we have agreed for a sustainable hospital is that, like the Princess of Wales, it should be some distance from a major acute hospital.
- 1 Did you go to Newmarket Nights? Spot yourself in our gallery
- 2 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 3 Not breaking news: Vicar with a vision, illegal fishing, workhouses and fork theft
- 4 SAS ‘original’ Reg Seekings to feature in book
- 5 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 6 Jail for 'predator' who raped vulnerable woman in children's play park
- 7 Town rallies in fight for new hospital
- 8 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'
- 9 Blush crowned best bridal shop in Cambs
- 10 ‘Distressed cries’ of beagles fuel animal research unit protest
Chief executive, Cambridgeshire Primary Care Trust