Hospital needs viable, cost-effective solution
IT is quite right that local people show an interest in their local NHS (Pleas to Support Hospital s Future, September 20) and it is understandable that people wish to protect their health services. Cambridgeshire Primary Care Trust is currently undertaki
IT is quite right that local people show an interest in their local NHS (Pleas to Support Hospital's Future, September 20) and it is understandable that people wish to protect their health services.
Cambridgeshire Primary Care Trust is currently undertaking a review of all its community hospitals to look at how services are provided and how they might be provided in the future.
Hinchingbrooke Hospital and its services were looked at earlier this year and we are confident that its future is now sustainable.
We are now under-taking a pre-consultation on the future model of care at Davison House, Brookfields Hospital as part of the community hospital review and are looking for a service model that is clinically viable and cost-effective.
You may also want to watch:
While it would not be sensible to make a cast-iron guarantee about the Princess of Wales Hospital's future, one criterion we have agreed for a sustainable hospital is that, like the Princess of Wales, it should be some distance from a major acute hospital.
- 1 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 2 Fears for historic vicarage council fought to save
- 3 Large illegal knife and 45 cannabis plants found in police raid
- 4 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 5 Photo memories of the late Prince Philip projected onto house
- 6 College and sixth form's 'gold' rating for 'outstanding' mental health provision
- 7 Three arrests after suspected brothel discovered
- 8 City’s first Asian grocery store coming to market place
- 9 Transformation of empty offices into luxury flats well under way
- 10 WATCH: One minute silence to honour the Duke
Chief executive, Cambridgeshire Primary Care Trust