Hospital Is Happy To Discuss Concerns
WE were disappointed to read of Mrs Kearney s dismay at the service she received in July 2008 at the Diabetes Clinic held at the Princess of Wales Hospital, Ely (Letters page, April 1, 2009) and we apologise for this. The clinic was set up last summ
WE were disappointed to read of Mrs Kearney's 'dismay' at the service she received in July 2008 at the Diabetes Clinic held at the Princess of Wales Hospital, Ely (Letters page, April 1, 2009) and we apologise for this.
The clinic was set up last summer by Addenbrooke's Hospital and Cambridgeshire Community Services to provide an accessible alternative to travelling to Cambridge. Teething problems in access to records were resolved many months ago through the introduction of computer links between the two hospitals. Retinal (eye) photography is also undertaken as part of the national diabetes eye screening programme at the Princess of Wales as well as at other accredited local retinal screening facilities.
Our patients are the ultimate arbiters of whether or not the service we provide is high quality or not. We are delighted to say that patient surveys undertaken since the introduction of the service identified that 100% of those participating in the survey were satisfied with the treatment and care provided and would recommend the clinic to a friend or relative.
We would be very happy to discuss Mrs Kearney's concerns with her if she wishes to contact us direct.
You may also want to watch:
DR DAVID SIMMONS
Lead Community Diabetologist, Addenbrooke's Hospital
- 1 Have a BREW-TIFUL day says the pub with a giant tea cup outside
- 2 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 3 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 4 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 5 Cash stolen and till broken in fourth break-in at Co-op store in four months
- 6 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 7 144 runners and 29 volunteers: First parkrun back is a huge success
- 8 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 9 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 10 Superb acting, singing and dancing at KD Theatre musical
Diabetes Specialist Nurse Facilitator, Cambridgeshire Community Services