Hospital Is Happy To Discuss Concerns
WE were disappointed to read of Mrs Kearney s dismay at the service she received in July 2008 at the Diabetes Clinic held at the Princess of Wales Hospital, Ely (Letters page, April 1, 2009) and we apologise for this. The clinic was set up last summ
WE were disappointed to read of Mrs Kearney's 'dismay' at the service she received in July 2008 at the Diabetes Clinic held at the Princess of Wales Hospital, Ely (Letters page, April 1, 2009) and we apologise for this.
The clinic was set up last summer by Addenbrooke's Hospital and Cambridgeshire Community Services to provide an accessible alternative to travelling to Cambridge. Teething problems in access to records were resolved many months ago through the introduction of computer links between the two hospitals. Retinal (eye) photography is also undertaken as part of the national diabetes eye screening programme at the Princess of Wales as well as at other accredited local retinal screening facilities.
Our patients are the ultimate arbiters of whether or not the service we provide is high quality or not. We are delighted to say that patient surveys undertaken since the introduction of the service identified that 100% of those participating in the survey were satisfied with the treatment and care provided and would recommend the clinic to a friend or relative.
We would be very happy to discuss Mrs Kearney's concerns with her if she wishes to contact us direct.
You may also want to watch:
DR DAVID SIMMONS
Lead Community Diabetologist, Addenbrooke's Hospital
- 1 Jail for man caught carrying meat cleaver in public after missing tools argument
- 2 Residents ‘left without a voice’ over anti-social car park behaviour
- 3 Businesses reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 4 Rainbow house brightens up lockdown
- 5 Sheep saved after taking short-cut on busy rail line
- 6 Freemasons make cash donation to support hospital cancer patients
- 7 Open-air museum due to reopen as lockdown eases
- 8 Person hit by train between Cambridge and Ely
- 9 Wildlife-loving boy, 9, saves six abandoned ducklings
- 10 Council removes anti-Semitic graffiti in Ely
Diabetes Specialist Nurse Facilitator, Cambridgeshire Community Services