Hospital Is Happy To Discuss Concerns
WE were disappointed to read of Mrs Kearney s dismay at the service she received in July 2008 at the Diabetes Clinic held at the Princess of Wales Hospital, Ely (Letters page, April 1, 2009) and we apologise for this. The clinic was set up last summ
WE were disappointed to read of Mrs Kearney's 'dismay' at the service she received in July 2008 at the Diabetes Clinic held at the Princess of Wales Hospital, Ely (Letters page, April 1, 2009) and we apologise for this.
The clinic was set up last summer by Addenbrooke's Hospital and Cambridgeshire Community Services to provide an accessible alternative to travelling to Cambridge. Teething problems in access to records were resolved many months ago through the introduction of computer links between the two hospitals. Retinal (eye) photography is also undertaken as part of the national diabetes eye screening programme at the Princess of Wales as well as at other accredited local retinal screening facilities.
Our patients are the ultimate arbiters of whether or not the service we provide is high quality or not. We are delighted to say that patient surveys undertaken since the introduction of the service identified that 100% of those participating in the survey were satisfied with the treatment and care provided and would recommend the clinic to a friend or relative.
We would be very happy to discuss Mrs Kearney's concerns with her if she wishes to contact us direct.
DR DAVID SIMMONS
Lead Community Diabetologist, Addenbrooke's Hospital
- 1 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 2 See inside this £1.7m country house with its own lake near Ely
- 3 Village toasts Queen's Platinum Jubilee with a memorable touch
- 4 'Gas engineer' reportedly stole two phones and a purse in Haddenham
- 5 Weekend closure for A142 for bridge works between Ely and Chatteris
- 6 Princess Anne unveils new 'national treasure' Jubilee table in Ely
- 7 Inside the £165,000 luxury river boat for sale in the Fens
- 8 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 9 Village café battles Covid-19 delays to raise over £1,700
- 10 Corporal lines up world record 135km paddleboard trek for 'gleaming' Bobby
Diabetes Specialist Nurse Facilitator, Cambridgeshire Community Services