History with a twist
May I bring to the notice of your readers the work of the Cambridgeshire Community Archive Network.
CCAN is a network of locally based, locally run web sites providing an almanac of people and events from distant past to the present.
Go to www.ccan.co.uk to see if there is a site near you and take a look.
You may find pictures of great grandad or the shop where you spent your pocket money.
Anyone may contribute to or comment on, an existing site, and if there isn’t one what about starting one?
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 2 Fears for historic vicarage council fought to save
- 3 Large illegal knife and 45 cannabis plants found in police raid
- 4 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 5 College and sixth form's 'gold' rating for 'outstanding' mental health provision
- 6 Photo memories of the late Prince Philip projected onto house
- 7 Three arrests after suspected brothel discovered
- 8 City’s first Asian grocery store coming to market place
- 9 Transformation of empty offices into luxury flats well under way
- 10 Jail for man caught carrying meat cleaver in public after missing tools argument