History with a twist
May I bring to the notice of your readers the work of the Cambridgeshire Community Archive Network.
CCAN is a network of locally based, locally run web sites providing an almanac of people and events from distant past to the present.
Go to www.ccan.co.uk to see if there is a site near you and take a look.
You may find pictures of great grandad or the shop where you spent your pocket money.
Anyone may contribute to or comment on, an existing site, and if there isn’t one what about starting one?
- 1 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 2 New shop already 'exceeded expectations' after strong opening day
- 3 Councillor wants apology for Nadine Dorries 'misogynist' tweet
- 4 Driver escapes injury after car hits wall
- 5 Nuisance caller flouted court order day after prison release
- 6 Magpas Air Ambulance doctor, Anne, shortlisted for national award
- 7 Best Indian in CAMBRIDGESHIRE even though award says best in NORFOLK
- 8 How do Cambridgeshire Fens' Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown?
- 9 Arts centre gets £25,000 post-Covid lifeline
- 10 Everything you need to know about Ely Cathedral's Christmas Gift & Food Fair 2021