History with a twist
May I bring to the notice of your readers the work of the Cambridgeshire Community Archive Network.
CCAN is a network of locally based, locally run web sites providing an almanac of people and events from distant past to the present.
Go to www.ccan.co.uk to see if there is a site near you and take a look.
You may find pictures of great grandad or the shop where you spent your pocket money.
Anyone may contribute to or comment on, an existing site, and if there isn’t one what about starting one?
You may also want to watch:
- 1 New Google Search data reveals Ely is one of Britain’s most tired cities
- 2 'Well, here's another nice mess you've gotten me into'
- 3 Flooding highlights outline of English Civil War fort as rain fills moat
- 4 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 5 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 6 Ely Cathedral's Covid-19 vaccination centre application was turned down
- 7 Number of fatal injuries caused on our roads ‘remains far too high’
- 8 Man who spent Christmas alone in intensive care proposes to girlfriend
- 9 Vaccinated nurse tells of 'incredibly stressful' situation
- 10 Bronze pig found at bottom of garden could be worth £10,000