History with a twist
May I bring to the notice of your readers the work of the Cambridgeshire Community Archive Network.
CCAN is a network of locally based, locally run web sites providing an almanac of people and events from distant past to the present.
Go to www.ccan.co.uk to see if there is a site near you and take a look.
You may find pictures of great grandad or the shop where you spent your pocket money.
Anyone may contribute to or comment on, an existing site, and if there isn’t one what about starting one?
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Have a BREW-TIFUL day says the pub with a giant tea cup outside
- 2 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 3 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 4 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 5 Cash stolen and till broken in fourth break-in at Co-op store in four months
- 6 Caught on camera: milk thieves strike in the city
- 7 144 runners and 29 volunteers: First parkrun back is a huge success
- 8 Kevin’s powerful testimony challenges us to #DoTheRightThing
- 9 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 10 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online