High Street Used As A Car Park On Saturdays - But No Tickets Are Issued
IN the past few weeks it has come to my notice that on Saturdays Ely High Street has become a car park. I have walked up and down and never seen anyone receive a ticket for parking illegally. From 10 am on Saturday, this area should be fully pedestrianise
IN the past few weeks it has come to my notice that on Saturdays Ely High Street has become a car park. I have walked up and down and never seen anyone receive a ticket for parking illegally. From 10 am on Saturday, this area should be fully pedestrianised.
A lot of these motorists are also parked half way over pavement as well. Can someone please verify whether is should be the police or the council monitoring this area and who are the ones to take out parking tickets. People are fed up with having to walk on the pavement and keep getting their knees knocked by motorist's bumpers over the pavement. Most of the people who park here are not even shopping in Ely so it will not affect trade if these people are not allow to park here. I have watched them park and then just walk about. They park all day and no tickets. They are just laughing at our councillors and police.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
- 2 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 3 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 4 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 5 Fears for historic vicarage council fought to save
- 6 High Sheriff of Cambridgeshire honoured with new role
- 7 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 8 Three arrests after suspected brothel discovered
- 9 COLUMN: 'Expansion' the future for Ely rowing club
- 10 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments