High Street Used As A Car Park On Saturdays - But No Tickets Are Issued
IN the past few weeks it has come to my notice that on Saturdays Ely High Street has become a car park. I have walked up and down and never seen anyone receive a ticket for parking illegally. From 10 am on Saturday, this area should be fully pedestrianise
IN the past few weeks it has come to my notice that on Saturdays Ely High Street has become a car park. I have walked up and down and never seen anyone receive a ticket for parking illegally. From 10 am on Saturday, this area should be fully pedestrianised.
A lot of these motorists are also parked half way over pavement as well. Can someone please verify whether is should be the police or the council monitoring this area and who are the ones to take out parking tickets. People are fed up with having to walk on the pavement and keep getting their knees knocked by motorist's bumpers over the pavement. Most of the people who park here are not even shopping in Ely so it will not affect trade if these people are not allow to park here. I have watched them park and then just walk about. They park all day and no tickets. They are just laughing at our councillors and police.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 2 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 3 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 4 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 5 Son's touching tribute: 'My father fought with passion for that in which he believed'
- 6 Man named following fatal collision
- 7 Ex-councillor launches 'one million steps' charity challenge
- 8 Councillor shares 'perfect' vaccine experience to encourage others
- 9 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week
- 10 Letters: Praise for vaccine teams, search for brewery tray and more