Help the young
AS per usual the council has spent good money on what constitutes art. The waste of money on the riverside is not art, but glorified pictures of water. The city needs constructive technological updates, like bus stops that tell you the arrival of the next
AS per usual the council has spent good money on what constitutes art. The waste of money on the riverside is not art, but glorified pictures of water. The city needs constructive technological updates, like bus stops that tell you the arrival of the next bus in minutes, or a total reworking of a shopping mall that can bring in new shops and better equipped shops that will last for more than three weeks.
The future of Ely is not in the council, the town needs to adapt faster as other councils in the whole country are making vast profits and spending them by making huge investments, like making good use of the parking so that shoppers have an alternative to driving, especially as Ely's park-and-ride service is a joke.
The amount of drink-related problems relate to boredom. The rate of teenagers getting ASBOs because of lack of funding to open up facilities for youngsters.
The middle classes and the rich who are the minority of the population in Ely are ruining the city. The council is pandering to the oldies in the town because of vote loss, but if the council wanted more votes and better behaved people, they should help the young people.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 2 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 3 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 4 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 5 Mayor's ‘hop-on hop-off' public travel revolution
- 6 A141 closed after motorcycle crash
- 7 Author opens school’s new library
- 8 Village housing in disarray after all the trustees quit
- 9 Town considers home for market
- 10 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate