Healing Rooms is in tandem with medicine
I AM writing in reply to the letter from Eddie Holden. Yes, the Healing Rooms movement started in America, however, the important point is that it is based firmly on the ministry and teaching of Jesus Christ. We are not playing God , as Mr Holden puts it
I AM writing in reply to the letter from Eddie Holden.
Yes, the Healing Rooms movement started in America, however, the important point is that it is based firmly on the ministry and teaching of Jesus Christ.
We are not "playing God", as Mr Holden puts it; we are following one of the last commandments of Jesus - in showing God's love to the world by laying hands on the sick.
Nor is the Healing Rooms here to put the medical profession out of business.
You may also want to watch:
We recognise and applaud the skill and dedication of all the medical professions. We also recognise that God has created mankind and has blessed us with a body that will, in many everyday cases, heal itself, but there are times when faithful prayer will release the healing that is needed.
Ely Healing Rooms is offering a service to the people of Ely and we have prayed with everyone who has come to us.
- 1 Restaurant launches bright pink ‘selfie areas’ ahead of reopening
- 2 Throwback to places and faces of Ely's past
- 3 Dispersal order to tackle aggressive begging, street drinking and thefts
- 4 Jail for man caught carrying meat cleaver in public after missing tools argument
- 5 Residents ‘left without a voice’ over anti-social car park behaviour
- 6 Businesses reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 7 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 8 Boat club president inspires students days after race
- 9 Three arrests after suspected brothel discovered
- 10 Freemasons make cash donation to support hospital cancer patients
Perhaps Mr Holden saw no queues as we offer people a cup of coffee while they wait. We have, in fact, held 57 prayer sessions in the eight weeks we have been open.
While I would be delighted to say that everyone has been healed, this is not the case.
However, many have been and we do know that the more we pray with people, the more of them are healed. As Jesus said, "Ask and it shall be given to you".
If Mr Holden would like to find out what really happens at the Ely Healing Rooms, I invite him to come along. We are open every Thursday, apart from December the 28, from 7:30pm until 9pm at the Ely Cathedral Centre.
Ely Healing Rooms