Hannah says my mum is one in a million
Anita Atkins, said: “I’m speechless and emotional. I have never won anything. What a lovely surprise and what a fabulous day I’ve had.”
“MY mum is one in a million because…my mum is the best. I’ve got scoliosis – a curved spine - and mum looks after me and cleans my back and puts my brace on every day. I go for an operation soon and I want my mum to know I love her and she’s the best.”
Those were the words of 10-year-old Hannah Merrigan of Prickwillow who nominated her mum in the Tesco Ely Mum in Million competition and won her a Mother’s Day makeover.
Anita Atkins, said: “I’m speechless and emotional. I have never won anything. What a lovely surprise and what a fabulous day I’ve had.
“Hannah told me that her dad dropped her off at the store so that she could post the form. She’s so sweet and such a brave girl, always happy and doesn’t let scoliosis stop her from doing anything. Thank you all especially Hannah for making this Mother’s day really special.”
You may also want to watch:
The supermarket on Angel Drove was transformed into a pampering parlour with make-up, hair and nail stations and GMTV stylist Jill Pollit to advise this seasons latest looks.
The team of beauty experts pampered Anita from head to toe. She had her hair done, followed by her make up and nails. She was also treated to a new outfit complete with shoes, bag and accessories plus �150 in Tesco gift cards.
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 Son's touching tribute: 'My father fought with passion for that in which he believed'
- 4 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 5 Man named following fatal collision
- 6 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 7 Ex-councillor launches 'one million steps' charity challenge
- 8 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week
- 9 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
- 10 Ambulance charity first in East to transfer Covid-19 patients by air
In addition to Anita’s fabulous makeover, the first one hundred mums received a complimentary glass of champagne and a goody bag.
The team of experts also offered other mum’s mini pampering sessions throughout the afternoon treating them to hair, make up and nail appointments whilst other mum’s wanted fashion and style tips.
Deputy store manager, Ian Westwood, said: “It was a pleasure to meet Anita and Hannah, we hope she really enjoyed her special day. We understand that everyone loves their mum, so we wanted to thank all the hard working mums out there with a much-deserved pamper on Mother’s Day.”