Great turnout for protest against closure of Barclays branch in Littleport
Following the great turnout for the protest against closure of the Littleport branch of Barclays, may I just say well done and thank you to everyone who came to support the campaign.
There was a real buzz in Main Street as we were joined by Minions, Spongebob Squarepants and one of Dr Who’s arch enemies, a dalek.
Special thanks to the superstar children who came to lend their support, some in fancy dress, some dressed as superheroes “fighting the bankers”.
Matthew Holmes spoke on our behalf on BBC Radio Cambridgeshire who also interviewed residents along with photographers and reporters from newspapers including the Ely Standard. We are grateful to the local media for their interest and support.
Fantastic spirit from a fantastic community.
You may also want to watch:
Thank you everyone.
- 1 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 2 Did you go to Newmarket Nights? Spot yourself in our gallery
- 3 Not breaking news: Vicar with a vision, illegal fishing, workhouses and fork theft
- 4 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 5 Blush crowned best bridal shop in Cambs
- 6 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 7 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 8 Hundreds sign petition in support of pub's cup of positivi-tea
- 9 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 10 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'