Great turnout for protest against closure of Barclays branch in Littleport
Following the great turnout for the protest against closure of the Littleport branch of Barclays, may I just say well done and thank you to everyone who came to support the campaign.
There was a real buzz in Main Street as we were joined by Minions, Spongebob Squarepants and one of Dr Who’s arch enemies, a dalek.
Special thanks to the superstar children who came to lend their support, some in fancy dress, some dressed as superheroes “fighting the bankers”.
Matthew Holmes spoke on our behalf on BBC Radio Cambridgeshire who also interviewed residents along with photographers and reporters from newspapers including the Ely Standard. We are grateful to the local media for their interest and support.
Fantastic spirit from a fantastic community.
You may also want to watch:
Thank you everyone.
- 1 Three arrests after suspected brothel discovered
- 2 City’s first Asian grocery store coming to market place
- 3 Fire crews tackling woodland blaze carried pump and equipment 200 metres
- 4 Popular food delivery service Deliveroo launches in city this week
- 5 Transformation of empty offices into luxury flats well under way
- 6 Throwback to places and faces of Ely's past
- 7 Restaurant launches bright pink ‘selfie areas’ ahead of reopening
- 8 Jail for man caught carrying meat cleaver in public after missing tools argument
- 9 Residents ‘left without a voice’ over anti-social car park behaviour
- 10 Photos of the Week: Views along the river and sun-kissed skylines