Good news that City of Ely Council has taken over responsibility for The Maltings
I refer to the fact that The Maltings is to be transferred back to The City Of Ely Council, for the benefit of the people of Ely. This is good news indeed.
It was given to the local people by the Brewery but the then city council had cold feet about running it and passed it on to the next level of local government for it to operate.
Thanks to the current crop of city councillors, an air of confidence and enterprise must now prevail and the mayor, Councillor Elaine Griffin-Singh, and her team are to be congratulated.
I would also applaud them for assuming responsibility for The Maltings Cottage, ADeC funding and Shopmobility.
Maybe there are other things that pertain specifically to Ely as opposed to the district in general, that this forward-looking group could also manage?
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Jail and criminal behaviour order for woman who spat at police officer
- 2 Entrepreneurs’ lockdown invention wins big at London competition
- 3 Man who died in road crash is named
- 4 ‘Beloved’ primary school headteacher leaving after 16 years in Soham
- 5 Jail for bank card fraudster caught on CCTV
- 6 Prosecution threat against businesses found not to be Covid-19 secure
- 7 McDonald’s helps litter pickers in mission to clean up county
- 8 You can now watch Ely Cathedral’s rare Peregrine Falcons live 24/7
- 9 Woman to travel 100km in her wheelchair to fundraise for autism charity
- 10 'Dedicated' PCSO retires after 12 years amid force funding cuts