Good news that City of Ely Council has taken over responsibility for The Maltings
I refer to the fact that The Maltings is to be transferred back to The City Of Ely Council, for the benefit of the people of Ely. This is good news indeed.
It was given to the local people by the Brewery but the then city council had cold feet about running it and passed it on to the next level of local government for it to operate.
Thanks to the current crop of city councillors, an air of confidence and enterprise must now prevail and the mayor, Councillor Elaine Griffin-Singh, and her team are to be congratulated.
I would also applaud them for assuming responsibility for The Maltings Cottage, ADeC funding and Shopmobility.
Maybe there are other things that pertain specifically to Ely as opposed to the district in general, that this forward-looking group could also manage?
- 1 Councillor wants apology for Nadine Dorries 'misogynist' tweet
- 2 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 3 Best Indian in CAMBRIDGESHIRE even though award says best in NORFOLK
- 4 New shop already 'exceeded expectations' after strong opening day
- 5 Driver escapes injury after car hits wall
- 6 Ely Rotary Club back with annual Christmas collection
- 7 Nuisance caller flouted court order day after prison release
- 8 Two year ban on begging for these six
- 9 GP practices mark ‘momentous milestone’ in Covid-19 vaccine programme
- 10 How do Cambridgeshire Fens' Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown?