WHAT do the Liberal Democrats expect? A man has put money where his mouth is, and bought the pits for the purpose of making money, otherwise he wouldn t have bought them. Yes, he is making a mess, but all sites are a mess till the last roll of turf is lai
WHAT do the Liberal Democrats expect? A man has put money where his mouth is, and bought the pits for the purpose of making money, otherwise he wouldn't have bought them. Yes, he is making a mess, but all sites are a mess till the last roll of turf is laid and he has got to make it look nice. Boats need fuel and water, and he will have to put in toilets, electric, and gas. This will all be levelled off and then it will over grow, wildlife will still be there, the fishing clubs are very happy with what Mr Tyrrell is doing as they are working with him, and he is putting in fishing bays that they never had before, and he said he will do more for them as work progresses.
The trouble with the Liberal Democrats is, they are hoping to score brownie points over the Conservatives. People are getting feed up with the Lib Dems over the Roswell Pits. They are saying 'what about the centre of Ely' - that is the biggest eyesore. Why don't the Lib Dems do something about John Boreland's big hole in the centre of Ely.
Surely that is more important, and it puts tourists off coming here. Roswell Pits will take care of themselves.
When Roswell Pits was first excavated, there was a mess, and no trees no fish, nothing, but the sailing club saw a place for leisure, and it started.
You may also want to watch:
Until all this hype, half of Ely people never knew the pits were there, and didn't want to know till the wildlife people started to complain about a businessman who had bought them.
Why didn't they buy the site? This man is going to bring a lot of money in to Ely via the boats, and people will go down there to see them. I am hoping this man will make a good walk way around the pits and good access for disabled people in electric buggies so they can see the pits and wild life, plus the boats, yes I am all for what this man is doing, and as for Jim Paice he can see sense in this project. Why can't the Lib Dems? Don't they want Ely to expand and prosper?
- 1 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 2 Did you go to Newmarket Nights? Spot yourself in our gallery
- 3 Not breaking news: Vicar with a vision, illegal fishing, workhouses and fork theft
- 4 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 5 Blush crowned best bridal shop in Cambs
- 6 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 7 Hundreds sign petition in support of pub's cup of positivi-tea
- 8 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 9 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'
- 10 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home