ON behalf of the Rotary Club of Ely, I would like to thank the people of Ely, for their generosity in giving to our Christmas street collection this year. Thanks to them, we have raised a record sum of more than £6,000. Many people wonder how the money
ON behalf of the Rotary Club of Ely, I would like to thank the people of Ely, for their generosity in giving to our Christmas street collection this year.
Thanks to them, we have raised a record sum of more than £6,000.
Many people wonder how the money is used. It is donated to local charities and in the past year, 26 have been helped, including MAGPAS 1st Responder Unit, Highfield School, Sue Ryder Care, the City of Ely Community College, senior citizens minibus, Ely Roller Skating Club, Centre 33, Bizzy Kids, Ely Guides and Witchford Scouts.
Money has also been donated to charities from which local people benefit such as the Arthur Rank Hospice, East Anglian Children's Hospice and the Huntingdon Centre for Multiple Sclerosis. The Rotary Club welcomes applications from charities and good causes, all of which will be considered.
You may also want to watch:
We would also like to thank those who helped us collect, sometimes in very unpleasant conditions; these were members of the Hereward Rotary Club of Ely, Isle of Ely Lions and Leos, and Ladies of the Inner Wheel Club of Ely.
- 1 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 2 Fears for historic vicarage council fought to save
- 3 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 4 Three arrests after suspected brothel discovered
- 5 Large illegal knife and 45 cannabis plants found in police raid
- 6 Transformation of empty offices into luxury flats well under way
- 7 City’s first Asian grocery store coming to market place
- 8 College and sixth form's 'gold' rating for 'outstanding' mental health provision
- 9 Photo memories of the late Prince Philip projected onto house
- 10 Former homeless recreate ‘Lunch atop a Skyscraper’ photograph
President, The Rotary Club of Ely