ON behalf of the Rotary Club of Ely, I would like to thank the people of Ely, for their generosity in giving to our Christmas street collection this year. Thanks to them, we have raised a record sum of more than £6,000. Many people wonder how the money
ON behalf of the Rotary Club of Ely, I would like to thank the people of Ely, for their generosity in giving to our Christmas street collection this year.
Thanks to them, we have raised a record sum of more than £6,000.
Many people wonder how the money is used. It is donated to local charities and in the past year, 26 have been helped, including MAGPAS 1st Responder Unit, Highfield School, Sue Ryder Care, the City of Ely Community College, senior citizens minibus, Ely Roller Skating Club, Centre 33, Bizzy Kids, Ely Guides and Witchford Scouts.
Money has also been donated to charities from which local people benefit such as the Arthur Rank Hospice, East Anglian Children's Hospice and the Huntingdon Centre for Multiple Sclerosis. The Rotary Club welcomes applications from charities and good causes, all of which will be considered.
You may also want to watch:
We would also like to thank those who helped us collect, sometimes in very unpleasant conditions; these were members of the Hereward Rotary Club of Ely, Isle of Ely Lions and Leos, and Ladies of the Inner Wheel Club of Ely.
- 1 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 2 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 3 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 4 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 5 Amazing escape for driver in A11 crash
- 6 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 7 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 8 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
- 9 Van driver in ‘life threatening condition’ after crash
- 10 Sex offender caught with 76 of most serious child abuse photos
President, The Rotary Club of Ely