General Welcome For Sainsbury's But I Wish To Make A Point
THERE has been a general welcome for the proposed Sainsbury s store proposals but at the risk of upsetting their supporters I would make these points: Does Ely really want another large supermarket and just what will it provide that is not already availa
THERE has been a general welcome for the proposed Sainsbury's store proposals but at the risk of upsetting their supporters I would make these points:
Does Ely really want another large supermarket and just what will it provide that is not already available at Tesco and Waitrose?
I have nothing against Sainsbury's but will the quality and choice be any better?
Competition is often quoted as a reason, but surely Tesco is already very competitive and they have to watch the other big supermarkets prices very carefully. Notices are often displayed comparing their prices with Asda and Morrisons.
You may also want to watch:
There are only so many customers to go around so if Sainsbury's take a share of the local market then others will lose it. If the idea is to bring more shoppers into Ely, is that good? The proposed store is in a part of Ely that is difficult to access and I view with concern, more cars and particularly more big transport negotiating Broad Street, or the town Centre, Nutholt Lane and Prickwillow Road.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 3 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 4 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 5 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 6 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 7 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 8 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues
- 9 Residents asked to share ideas on how improve cycling and walking in East Cambs town
- 10 Golf club's £8,850 donation for dementia singing charity All In Sound