GALLERY: Elegance, sophistication and good taste - why you must be talking about winning an Ely Standard readers’ competition
- Credit: Archant
Elegance, sophistication and good taste –the attributes you would expect of Ely Standard readers and so a handful were rewarded with a sumptuous night out.
Five lucky readers – and their partners- got to sample life inside one of Britain’s swankiest (or in the words of the Sunday Times ‘coolest’) new hotels.
Poets House is new but far from brash – indeed it oozes quiet charm and warmth and the perfect setting for a party at which to stage a cocktail master class.
Of course there was more to the evening than that as our lucky competition winners joined others for canapés, wine and a tasting session of some of the hotel restaurant’s classic dishes.
This, of course, is the hotel where guests get a butler too and staff that also include a sommelier and, naturally, a mixologist to serve up those stunning cocktails.
You may also want to watch:
The hotel also has the advantage of being near to the city centre and which, after a heady night of cocktails and hospitality, our readers inform us was an added bonus in finding a handy taxi for the journey home.
- 1 Councillors praised for 'tireless' illegal encampment work
- 2 20 travelling families park illegally at rugby club
- 3 Club shuts its doors after illegal encampment spotted
- 4 Former deputy mayor wants to move Newmarket to Cambridgeshire
- 5 East Cambs could be getting five new walking routes
- 6 White van driver sought after Passat overturns
- 7 Glamping site granted drinks licence despite neighbours' protests
- 8 Round one to High Flyer after highways gives thumbs up to giant mug
- 9 Annual classic car show returns to Ely
- 10 Leader’s reminder of human cost of £100k homes fall-out