GALLERY: Elegance, sophistication and good taste - why you must be talking about winning an Ely Standard readers’ competition
- Credit: Archant
Elegance, sophistication and good taste –the attributes you would expect of Ely Standard readers and so a handful were rewarded with a sumptuous night out.
Five lucky readers – and their partners- got to sample life inside one of Britain’s swankiest (or in the words of the Sunday Times ‘coolest’) new hotels.
Poets House is new but far from brash – indeed it oozes quiet charm and warmth and the perfect setting for a party at which to stage a cocktail master class.
Of course there was more to the evening than that as our lucky competition winners joined others for canapés, wine and a tasting session of some of the hotel restaurant’s classic dishes.
This, of course, is the hotel where guests get a butler too and staff that also include a sommelier and, naturally, a mixologist to serve up those stunning cocktails.
You may also want to watch:
The hotel also has the advantage of being near to the city centre and which, after a heady night of cocktails and hospitality, our readers inform us was an added bonus in finding a handy taxi for the journey home.
- 1 Police swoop on Chatteris housing estate following machete threat
- 2 Shoppers rush to help man injured after falling in High Street
- 3 Lockdown easing - 10 pubs and restaurants say welcome back
- 4 Residents 'horrified' by Swastika graffiti in grounds of Ely Cathedral
- 5 ‘We are still struggling to cope’: Pet rescuers face ‘horrific situation’
- 6 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 7 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 8 Littleport marks Royal British Legion centenary year with moving ceremony
- 9 Man remains in custody after 'firearm and threat to kill' arrest
- 10 Opposition sign historic power sharing agreement to seize control of county council