GALLERY: Elegance, sophistication and good taste - why you must be talking about winning an Ely Standard readers’ competition
- Credit: Archant
Elegance, sophistication and good taste –the attributes you would expect of Ely Standard readers and so a handful were rewarded with a sumptuous night out.
Five lucky readers – and their partners- got to sample life inside one of Britain’s swankiest (or in the words of the Sunday Times ‘coolest’) new hotels.
Poets House is new but far from brash – indeed it oozes quiet charm and warmth and the perfect setting for a party at which to stage a cocktail master class.
Of course there was more to the evening than that as our lucky competition winners joined others for canapés, wine and a tasting session of some of the hotel restaurant’s classic dishes.
This, of course, is the hotel where guests get a butler too and staff that also include a sommelier and, naturally, a mixologist to serve up those stunning cocktails.
You may also want to watch:
The hotel also has the advantage of being near to the city centre and which, after a heady night of cocktails and hospitality, our readers inform us was an added bonus in finding a handy taxi for the journey home.
- 1 NHS worker breaks ribs, ankle and fractures leg in four car pile-up
- 2 Potamogeton Trichoides has the last word on £6.5m Mepal crematorium
- 3 Artist impressions of how Mepal will be transformed into a £6.5m crematorium
- 4 Gin could be just the tonic needed for dilapidated farm buildings
- 5 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 6 Theatre group stream panto online for those who missed it due to lockdown
- 7 Spat at police officer tests positive for Covid-19
- 8 Company ‘paralysed by Brexit’ forced to open warehouse in Holland
- 9 Cambs city voted ‘most likely to survive zombie apocalypse’
- 10 Viewers react to 'brilliant' 24 Hours in Police Custody: Black Widow