6,000 estimated visitors to G’s at Barway near Ely for their Open Farm Sunday event
- Credit: Archant
G’s summed up their Open Farm Sunday event in just one word “wow”.
That was the reaction from the company after they had counted up visitors to the annual event at Barway near Ely.
"Well over 6000 of you visited us today," said a spokesman. "We will confirm final figures later this week, but thank you so much for coming."
The company provided a free bus service from Littleport, Ely and Soham with the invitation of simply to "bring your best smiles."
There was plenty to smile at and to enjoy and visitors included MP Lucy Frazer who was welcomed to the farm by Mr and Mrs John Shropshire.
You may also want to watch:
Reminiscent of a small county show it had a variety of events including the Wicken Band who played throughout to enthusiastic visitors.
Mayor Mike Rouse said: "It was as always a great day out. Well done G's, let's hope more people now know where their fabulous fresh food comes from and how much science, technology, expertise and hard work goes into producing it."
- 1 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 2 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 3 Not breaking news: Vicar has lucky escape, station closes and hotel sold
- 4 A10 speed limit reduced at Waterbeach after death of baby Louis Thorold
- 5 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement
- 6 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 7 Man jailed for abusive rampage against ex-partner
- 8 Mayor fumes over ‘amateur’ foster carers claim
- 9 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 10 Alternative banking available as local branch closes