6,000 estimated visitors to G’s at Barway near Ely for their Open Farm Sunday event
- Credit: Archant
G’s summed up their Open Farm Sunday event in just one word “wow”.
That was the reaction from the company after they had counted up visitors to the annual event at Barway near Ely.
"Well over 6000 of you visited us today," said a spokesman. "We will confirm final figures later this week, but thank you so much for coming."
The company provided a free bus service from Littleport, Ely and Soham with the invitation of simply to "bring your best smiles."
There was plenty to smile at and to enjoy and visitors included MP Lucy Frazer who was welcomed to the farm by Mr and Mrs John Shropshire.
Reminiscent of a small county show it had a variety of events including the Wicken Band who played throughout to enthusiastic visitors.
Mayor Mike Rouse said: "It was as always a great day out. Well done G's, let's hope more people now know where their fabulous fresh food comes from and how much science, technology, expertise and hard work goes into producing it."
- 1 80 homes threaten access to ‘rural haven of rare beauty’
- 2 Woman wins right to build annexe to home
- 3 Bus ‘wars', Aids, Ely parking and a ’vote for fen man – for fen people’
- 4 Dental practice plan move to business park
- 5 Big Christmas lights switch-on arrives
- 6 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 7 Primary school plans for new town take step forward
- 8 Trainspotters catch Duchess of Sutherland whistling through Fens
- 9 'Farmgate' report leaks reveal concerns over Manor Farm tenancy
- 10 Leslie 'faster, fitter, happier' after losing 10 stone in four months